Cannot get Server 3.0.5821 to install

tacticalcity

tacticalcity

Bear in mind...I was extremely persistent. I tried exactly 15 times today to get 3.0.5821 update installed before giving up. Spent roughly 8 hours (while working on other stuff on my other computer) trying to get the new updated version of the server to install hoping it would fix the fact that my current version 3.0.5818.0 is crash happy when used in conjuction with Roku. 

I click UPDATE NOW, then Click OK, it says it installed and I need to reboot the server. I do. Then nothing but a spinny thing. Waited as long as an hour.

I have to eventually close the browser and relaunch the server manually. Even though it said it installed the new version, the old version loads. 

Let me know which of the many logs to copy and paste in here and will happily do it. I attached the most recent one hoping that was it.

log.txt

Edited by tacticalcity

tacticalcity

Shutting down Emby Server, downloading the latest version of the .exe file from emby.media, and installing it (without deleting the existing version)...

Worked.

Thanks. 

For those doing this, after it launches it takes a while (say 5 minutes) for you to be able to access your library or connect to the server with a device like Roku or even your web browser. You can see the Manage Server screens fine with the Web Browser. But you can't do much until if fully loads for the first time and it will be a bit for the Web Client screens will load. 5-10 minutes later, try again. Everything is still there from before. 

Edited by tacticalcity

Theodore

I am having the exact same issue. I tried using the same MBS package I always use to update and also tried using the latest setup.exe downloaded from emby.media and both get the same result. Below is the log file generated (and yes, it is complete). If I am reading it right it looks like the issue is downloading from github.

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [installMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 3 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
Read string value '4.5.51209'
Setting value '4.5.51209 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.5.51209 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion' and value '4.5.50709': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697208'

I am having the exact same issue. I tried using the same MBS package I always use to update and also tried using the latest setup.exe downloaded from emby.media and both get the same result. Below is the log file generated (and yes, it is complete). If I am reading it right it looks like the issue is downloading from github.

Property: [NTProductType] = 3 {int}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
Read string value '4.5.51209'
Setting value '4.5.51209 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.5.51209 {string}
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion' and value '4.5.50709': true
Launching Application.

try disabling internet explorer enhanced security.

I have the same issue:

When I run the windows Emby setup for the emby server I get this error message:

An error occurred trying to download 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/master/Server/windows/release/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\dwd\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD37DF.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Here is the log:

Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.2.0 {version}
Read string value '4.6.01038'
Setting value '4.6.01038 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'
Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.6.01038 {string}
Launching Application.
Error: An error occurred trying to download 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/master/Server/windows/release/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application'.

Edited by dwd1997

Theodore
Luke, on 13 Feb 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

This worked, but I have to say that it makes me a little apprehensive that this was required. I've been running the Emby Server on Server 2008R2 ever since I went to MB3 and the update/install application has never failed until now. What has changed? Most likely at Github of course, but something has changed - maybe with their cert/site system?

This worked, but I have to say that it makes me a little apprehensive that this was required. I've been running the Emby Server on Server 2008R2 ever since I went to MB3 and the update/install application has never failed until now. What has changed? Most likely at Github of course, but something has changed - maybe with their cert/site system?

IT JOE do you have any thoughts for my issue?  I tried to install emby server on my windows 10 and I get the error I posted above?

Theodore

IT JOE do you have any thoughts for my issue?  I tried to install emby server on my windows 10 and I get the error I posted above?

As you are using Windows 10, I doubt it is IE security rules blocking but it can't hurt to check that Enhanced Security is off. I would suggest downloading the installer from emby.media and running it over the top of your existing installation.

As you are using Windows 10, I doubt it is IE security rules blocking but it can't hurt to check that Enhanced Security is off. I would suggest downloading the installer from emby.media and running it over the top of your existing installation.

That is exactly what I have been doing.  It did switch off enhanced security.  This use to work!  So frustrating and I paid $39.99 to help them develop it more... Grrrr. 

I have the same issue:

When I run the windows Emby setup for the emby server I get this error message:

An error occurred trying to download 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/master/Server/windows/release/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\dwd\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD37DF.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Here is the log:

Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}

Property: [VersionNT] = 6.2.0 {version}

Read string value '4.6.01038'

Setting value '4.6.01038 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'

Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.6.01038 {string}

Launching Application.

Error: An error occurred trying to download 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/master/Server/windows/release/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application'.

Happy2Play

What version? Stable or Beta

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

I disabled IE enhanced security... I went to the website and purchased the year to help your team continue to develop this more... I then downloaded the SETUP.exe for windows to run the server so that I can use my windows 10 as server and my ROKU emby app to play my videos for my kids.... I run the Setup.exe and I get an ERROR!  Frustrating.