ISO Files in KODI, fueled by EMBY

EdgarWallace
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

EdgarWallace

I am having a bunch of ISO files - these are comedy DVD's where the menu is really important. Here is an example: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=255810&lid=14

I am using Emby primarily as backend for Kodi and Kodi is able the handle ISO files really well. My issue is that Emby is only scraping DVD No.1. Here is my naming scheme...why is is only showing the first DVD?

Loriot Fernseh Edition Disc 1.iso

Loriot Fernseh Edition Disc 2.iso

Loriot Fernseh Edition Disc 3.iso

Loriot Fernseh Edition Disc 4.iso

Loriot Fernseh Edition Disc 5.iso

Loriot Fernseh Edition Disc 6.iso

Thanks a lot.

EdgarWallace

Also why is the menu really important?

Thanks Vidman. The menu is important, because it's part of the user experience and it is nicely done. Additionally it would be easy to just make DVD's 2-5 visible.

I have read the information you sent me already yesterday but I couldn't see any difference to how I names my files:

ISOs

..... to automatically determine what type of ISO it is. If this is not included, it will be assumed to be DVD.

Split video files (file stacking)

The following are default stacking extensions that can be added to file names. # can be 1 through 9 or A through D. Stacking is supported for video files as well as dvd and blu-ray folder structures.

​dvd#​

I understood, that I don't need the "dvd" extension in file name. However I have used now "Loriot Fernseh Edition dvd1.iso". This should be according to the description, no? Let's see if this is going work.

• Solution
Vidman

If you want them to show as separate items you need to make sure your naming DOES NOT follow the naming conventions for file stacking, as stacking will just show one item and list the rest as additional parts for that item

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 3

EdgarWallace

Oh how embarrassing  :o

Thanks for having that clarified Vidman. :)  I have all DVDs as separate items now and grouped into a Collection. You save me a HUGE amount of time. Thank you so much!!!

• Like 2