View shared server through Emby Theatre

QUIKFLUX

QUIKFLUX

Hi all,

i have a friend sharing their Emby server with me, logging in through Google Chrome i can switch and access his server, I cant figure out how to access his server through the windows Emby Theatre application 1.0.41? I can see my server when i tell the app to select server but cannot see my friends.  

Hi, did you sign into Emby Theater using Emby Connect? Have you tried clicking Change Server to use a different server?

Happy2Play

You can also click New Server and add the information if you know it.

QUIKFLUX

Hi, did you sign into Emby Theater using Emby Connect? Have you tried clicking Change Server to use a different server?

Hi Luke, If i use the Emby Connect area to sign into the theater app and then choose select server i can see the shared server, but as soon as i sign out or close the app and reopen the shared server isnt there anymore. will the information of the shared server not stay there? will i need to sign in with the Emby connect everytime i open the home theater app?

Hi Luke, If i use the Emby Connect area to sign into the theater app and then choose select server i can see the shared server, but as soon as i sign out or close the app and reopen the shared server isnt there anymore. will the information of the shared server not stay there? will i need to sign in with the Emby connect everytime i open the home theater app?

If you use the sign out function then this is expected behavior. Instead, try just closing the app instead of signing out.

QUIKFLUX

If you use the sign out function then this is expected behavior. Instead, try just closing the app instead of signing out.

Hi Luke. The reason i sign out is that i have a different user profile setup for my kids to use as they have only a few shared folders i give them access to. 

Hi Luke. The reason i sign out is that i have a different user profile setup for my kids to use as they have only a few shared folders i give them access to. 

In that case, your best bet is connecting to his server manually without emby connect. when you sign in with emby connect, everything you have access to is assumed private, and signing out will take it away.