Suggestion: Scan Media Library Selection

Guest walkme70

Guest walkme70

I have quite a big library of media that are stored across a number of disks in a Windows 10 PC.  Trouble is that the Scan Library task takes over 4 to 8hr to complete each time.    Certain Library's only get updated on a weekly basis though.

So my suggestion would be to have selective Scan Media Library's ?

• Like 1

swhitmore

Hmmm, afaik it shouldn't take that long, even for a large library. How big are we talking?

Happy2Play

I can understand an initial scan taking that long or longer, but every scan after that shouldn't.  I have 17 drives (36+TB) in a DrivePool and library scan takes under 2 minute.  You would need to post your logs to potentially figure out your issue.

Dizzy49

Agreed, that seems unusually high.  I have several thousand movies, about 10k TV shows, and roughly 850k music...  My initial media scan took a few hours, but now they take very little time.

It's more likely that something funky is going on with your drive and Emby is seeing everything as "new" and it's basically doing an initial scan every time...

Hello,

I suspect that this feature will never come. (I myself have already asked this request)

@@Happy2Play

My Library scan takes about 7h (6 Librarys with prox. 30TB)

The most film names are not in english there are in german.

One Library (documentary)  contains records from the TV (prox 8K).

No Online Database know this filename.

One Library (music videos) contains prox. 10k of tv records.

I can read in the log files that emby try to fetch the meta data for this files but there get no result.

This take times.

When i like to add some TV Shows, Plex with the selective Scan take around 5 min, with Emby i have to scan over night.

cu Taurec

Happy2Play

Hello,

I suspect that this feature will never come. (I myself have already asked this request)

@@Happy2Play

My Library scan takes about 7h (6 Librarys with prox. 30TB)

The most film names are not in english there are in german.

One Library (documentary)  contains records from the TV (prox 8K).

One Library (music videos) contains prox. 10k of tv records.

I can read in the log files that emby try to fetch the meta data for this files but there get no result.

This take times.

When i like to add some TV Shows, Plex with the selective Scan take around 5 min, with Emby i have to scan over night.

cu Taurec

That make since, if no metadata exist for the media being scanned it takes forever looking and spamming all the provider sites.  But isn't that the point of changing the content type to something like "Home Videos" to prevent them from looking online for metadata when you know there are none out there and slowing down the process?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Hello Happy2Play,

thx for your answer.

And again I castleses just that I shall work on the effect and not as the cause to resolve.

and so: Please love software developers implemented a separate scan for libraries.

cu Taurec

p.s. it is not alone the kind of the content type of library. It is also a problem eith the supported online database. For Plex i can use e.g. OFDB, witch contain many german title.

Other user with diff. language will have the same problem.

But this is a other story, step by step ;)