Juddering playback on Zotac PC

ricketyca

ricketyca
I am using Emby Theater version 3.0.5859.23399 and Emby Server  3.0 My playback device is a Zotac PC across a gigagit network. 

When I use the internal ET player, the playback is juddering. This seems to apply to avi, mpg, mkv and other types. I have tried H/W Acceleration mode Off as I saw suggested. The results may have been marginally better, but still there is no smooth video. If I play with the same version of Theater on a more powerful machine the playback seems smoother. 

I have added an "external player" VLC (2.2.1) on the Zotac for all the media types that it has and it plays fine. 

However, VLC's new "resume" function is in the window "frame" which is not in view when running inside ET. So I would prefer to use the Internal Player.

I thought I had read that the Internal Player in ET 3.0 was "based on VLC" and wondered if so, what is detracting from its performance in ET?

Any additional suggestions would be welcome.

Rick

ricketyca

I believe that is the one that I am using. It does not require Premiere - right?

I had been waiting for the new one, in case it solved the problem for me, but in the brief trial it did not appear to. So I reverted to the previous one to which you linked. 

Rick