Changing Genres

manf0001

manf0001

Hello,

For awhile, I thought I've been going crazy but I'm realizing I'm not.     I'm wondering if anyone is having the same issue.   

For some of my movies I'm changing the Genre Tags,  I don't like having multiple Genre Tags to a movie, so I edit them and place them what I feel is the most relevant.   And for the most part it seems to stick.  

For Example with the Marvel Movies, Captain America, Avengers, Iron Man etc.. I give them there own Genre of Marvel, and it sticks.  

But the one Genre I'm having problems with is Action and Adventure.   I have a lot of movies that have both Genre's Action and Adventure as separate tags.   So I've been deleting them and replacing with one  Action/Adventure  Genre, merging the two into one.   And it stays... well some of the time.    I don't know when it does it, maybe after a Library Scan or what, but those movies that I deleted two Genre listings and replaced with the one Action/Adventure genre goes back to showing the two separate ones.

I've even tried unchecking the Genre field so it won't change and even locking the whole thing, but somehow it still changes back to two entries.

Currently I'm running Version 3.0.5821.0, but have noticed this happening with the previous versions.

TIA

Hi, sorry to hear this. Unfortunately these can be difficult to chase down when they occurred some time in the past. Is there anything you can think of that might trigger it to happen?

manf0001

I think few different things.   One I'm sure I confirmed last night.

1) This I did confirm.    I did a Library scan and I noticed in my Movie Genre, that some of my movies did get changed from the Genre Action/Adventure to it being split again, back to Action for one and Adventure as another.   While other stayed the same as the one Genre Action/Adventure

So when you look at it,    There is Action.    There is Action/Adventure  and just Adventure.

I had noticed the same thing happen when I restored my server from a backup one time.    I keep all the Metadata for each movie or show in the show's folder, so it stays with it.   There was a time when I had to re-build my server, and I had Emby backups, and I restored the backups, and the Library folders,   And after the first scan, I have to go through and change all the genre's again.  And I know at that time I had enabled the lock metadata for all the shows.    I find it mostly happens with the action adventure ones.     I think I've seen a few where it changes other ones but not as much as the action and adventure

If you lock them, these should stick so, hopefully, we'll get to the bottom of why that is happening.

The Genre Cleaner plug-in can automate what you are doing manually now - just FYI.

• Like 1

manf0001

Thanks for the tip about the plugin ebr.    That seemed to work, but unfortunately, there are still some movies that are going back to the two instead of the combined one after it mapped fine.

Edited by manf0001