Can't Play with TMT5 Since Update

Mopar_Mudder

Jabberwockie

okay...

based on the tone of the responses, I get the sense that we (the end users) are on our own here to figure out what/why it's broken.

I'm just saying - you have a product that has some level of integration with TMT.  Something has changed with the UX and I would expect a bit more of an "interest" in figuring out why it might be broken.

note: PlayerLoader.htm (I would imagine) might be something related to traditional browser updates (activeX control resets). I know I've had my HTPC setup to auto update critical windows updates so maybe an update with the browser triggered this, but then again I'm just grasping here.

I have confirmed that ISOs do launch fine with the PlayerLoader.htm and I have controls, so something has changed with launching my blu-rays ripped to Folder structure.

Edited by Jabberwockie

I have confirmed that ISOs do launch fine with the PlayerLoader.htm and I have controls, so something has changed with launching my blu-rays ripped to Folder structure.

Are you sure your ISOs aren't launching the program via the AutoPlay feature of Windows?

Jabberwockie

Are you sure your ISOs aren't launching the program via the AutoPlay feature of Windows?

I have the MB configurator mounting ISO via elaborate bytes>vcdmount.exe

I have the MB configurator mounting ISO via elaborate bytes>vcdmount.exe

Right and then, by default, Windows would see that a disc was "inserted" and automatically launch the program associated with that type of disc - which would be TMT by its default settings.  That's what I suspect is happening with ISOs.

Jabberwockie

I remember fighting with TMT back in the day. And by fighting, I do mean fighting. The way it's being launched is a complicated procedure. We certainly don't mean to ignore you, it's just that the number of people still using this is very, very small, which makes it hard to devote much time towards testing TMT and ensuring it's still working. and we have another user in this topic, sikslayer, indicating it's working for them.

why not try the new emby theater?

I have tried it. In fact I bought a lifetime premier and it flat out doesn't work.  Doesn't play half of my movies, jittery when it does, only plays PCM audio. 

With EMC, I had it bitstreaming dts-master audio and playback was smooth. e.g. with ET, playing "war horse", the screen looks like its playing standard def, shows PCM audio on my amp, and I cant select different portions of the movies without it crashing and going back to the main screen. 

• 3 weeks later...
topraider

I had a problem recently and found out when I upgraded to the latest AMD driver it stopped playing. I had to go back to the older driver for TMT5 would play.

Jabberwockie

I had a problem recently and found out when I upgraded to the latest AMD driver it stopped playing. I had to go back to the older driver for TMT5 would play.

I have the same intel processor since I built this Theater PC so I don't think this is the answer.