Can't Play with TMT5 Since Update

Mopar_Mudder

Mopar_Mudder

I don't know if it was the server of WMC update, but since then I can't play a movie. I am running the original Intros (not cinema) and all my intros play fine and then it just goes back to the detail screen. Hitting play on the movie cover to skip intros does nothing either. Movies are in BD Folder structure using TMT as the player.

I attached a log that starts at where I tried playing a movie.

Log.txt

That's a server log.  Playback in EMC is all handled on the client end so we'd need to see that log.

Are you sure something didn't change with your TMT setup?  Looks like we pass off the play command to it but then it reports that it stopped but doesn't actually.

2016-02-06 21:50:46.0494,Info,,TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On about to play The Transporter Refueled(\\server\Movies\Transporter - Refueled (2015)) ,1,Application
2016-02-06 21:50:46.0494,Debug,,Stopping TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On .,1,Application
2016-02-06 21:50:46.0794,Debug,,Still waiting for TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On to stop.  Reports: Playing,1,Application
2016-02-06 21:50:46.3294,Debug,,Still waiting for TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On to stop.  Reports: Playing,1,Application
2016-02-06 21:50:46.5794,Debug,,Still waiting for TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On to stop.  Reports: Playing,1,Application
2016-02-06 21:50:46.8294,Debug,,Still waiting for TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On to stop.  Reports: Playing,1,Application
2016-02-06 21:50:47.0794,Debug,,Still waiting for TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On to stop.  Reports: Playing,1,Application
2016-02-06 21:50:47.3294,Debug,,Still waiting for TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On to stop.  Reports: Playing,1,Application
2016-02-06 21:50:47.5794,Debug,,Still waiting for TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On to stop.  Reports: Playing,1,Application
2016-02-06 21:50:47.8294,Debug,,Still waiting for TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On to stop.  Reports: Playing,1,Application

Mopar_Mudder

Do you happen to know the correct command line for TMT5? In my configurator it says PlayerLoader.htm, I don't remember when I set that up, been a long time ago. I noticed in another post someone had theirs set to uMCEPlayer.exe.

That playerloader method is the specialized and un-documented and un-supported method of launching TMT.  I know it used to work but anything I suppose could happen to make it stop.

Especially, since TMT doesn't even exist anymore as a product.

• 2 weeks later...
Mopar_Mudder

Well I have been trying with no luck to get anything to play, both the PlayLoader and uMCEPlayer.exe do not work

Plus I can't play in Emby Theater because folder playback is not supported.

Speaking of which I noticed a note in the Emby for WMC config screen that says "Their is not multi part movie or folder play back support at this time" I assume that is some old message because folder play back has been happening for a long time.

I attached two more logs. I am lost because I haven't changed anything other then windows updates, and right now Emby is pretty useless to me because I can't play a movie.

MBClassic-PlayLoader.log

MBClassic-uMCEPlayer.log

Mopar_Mudder

I just tried setting it up as a Generic player instead of TMT 5 WMC Add-on and using the  uMCEPlayer.exe I did finally get pay back. BUT I have no control of the play back with my WMC remote? No pause, skip, stop, nothing at all. Have to go to the keyboard to get out of it.

• 4 weeks later...
Jabberwockie

I have also lost playback with 3.0.302.0. 

Been away for a bit serving, and have come back to find that I don't have folder playback of  blu-rays now with TMT5.  I'm Pointing to Playerloader.htm like before I left but now its not responding.

Edited by Jabberwockie

SikSlayer

I never fiddled with Playerloader.htm, but I too notice TMT5 doesn't work for me either. I know nothing changed on my end for it not to work.

EDIT: nvm, I checked the configuration app for Emby for WMC, and I see what you mean by Playerloader.htm.

The player path is now C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\PlayerLoader.htm but I don't remember it being that. So I changed it to uMCEPlayer5.exe, that didn't work either.

I hate to be that guy, but I don't see how this is anything but some change in 3.0.302.0.

SikSlayer

Now I've figured it out. I picked TotalMedia Theatre 5 instead of the WMC add on in the External Player Type, but change the .exe to uMCEPlayer5.exe. This works, with the remote too.

I've tested both ISOs and folders, both work fine.

Edited by SikSlayer
  • Like 1

Jabberwockie

Now I've figured it out. I picked TotalMedia Theatre 5 instead of the WMC add on in the External Player Type, but change the .exe to uMCEPlayer5.exe. This works, with the remote too.

I've tested both ISOs and folders, both work fine.

this did not work for me (I don't have controls unless I use a keyboard and mouse)

Edited by Jabberwockie

SikSlayer

this did not work for me (I don't have controls unless I use a keyboard and mouse)

I don't know what to tell you. I specifically made sure the remote worked because Mopar_Mudder mentioned it, or I might not have noticed it.

Are you sure you changed the type in the External Player Type drop down box to TotalMedia Theatre 5, the non-WMC add on version, and picked the uMCEPlayer5 exe?

Jabberwockie

I don't know what to tell you. I specifically made sure the remote worked because Mopar_Mudder mentioned it, or I might not have noticed it.

Are you sure you changed the type in the External Player Type drop down box to TotalMedia Theatre 5, the non-WMC add on version, and picked the uMCEPlayer5 exe?

Yes - I made the change per your instructions and while the movie launched, control was limited to using the actual mouse and keyboard.  Note - once I used the mouse, clicked on the media center  controls at the bottom of the movies screen (pause or ffwd etc) at that point I was able to use my remote.  It's as if there is a "window/focus" issue that has surfaced with one of the releases.  IMO, this is  bug; illustrated simply by the fact that he parameters in the configuration tool have been impacted - no?

Jabberwockie

If you re-install the prior stable version of EMC does it behave differently?

Where can I get previous versions?

Where can I get previous versions?

Just install the stable release from the web site.

Jabberwockie

Just install the stable release from the web site.

No dice.  Installed the latest version and still the same issue.  That said, I'm not entirely sure when the issue started (with which version) .  Is there a link to the previous stable version that I can install. 

The thing is absolutely nothing in the playback chain has changed in a year and the problem you guys are having is with the TMT program gaining focus.  So, I don't see how it could be something in our app.

I'm afraid any previous version beyond stable would not work with the current server.

Jabberwockie

The thing is absolutely nothing in the playback chain has changed in a year and the problem you guys are having is with the TMT program gaining focus.  So, I don't see how it could be something in our app.

I'm afraid any previous version beyond stable would not work with the current server.

okay...

based on the tone of the responses, I get the sense that we (the end users) are on our own here to figure out what/why it's broken.

I'm just saying - you have a product that has some level of integration with TMT.  Something has changed with the UX and I would expect a bit more of an "interest" in figuring out why it might be broken.

note: PlayerLoader.htm (I would imagine) might be something related to traditional browser updates (activeX control resets). I know I've had my HTPC setup to auto update critical windows updates so maybe an update with the browser triggered this, but then again I'm just grasping here.

I remember fighting with TMT back in the day. And by fighting, I do mean fighting. The way it's being launched is a complicated procedure. We certainly don't mean to ignore you, it's just that the number of people still using this is very, very small, which makes it hard to devote much time towards testing TMT and ensuring it's still working. and we have another user in this topic, sikslayer, indicating it's working for them.

why not try the new emby theater?

An additional complication is that method of launching TMT was never actually supported by  Arcsoft either.  We put it in to match functionality in other apps at the time but it was always very temperamental and when we would ask ArcSoft for support they said we were on our own.

I'm sorry, but all of this technology platform is being abandoned by the originators.  ArcSoft has discontinued TMT and Microsoft has dropped WMC.  It is just impossible for us to continue to fully test and support every single combination of these technologies that have no support going forward from the companies that created them.

Still, I don't think this problem was created by a change in EMC and, as reported by one user, it appears to still be possible to make it work in some configuration.

Sammy

Side note.. I use EMC to launch TMT 5 for only iso playback of a very limited collection of 3D movies. I haven't launched TMT5 from WMC in quite some time but it worked last time I used it about 4 to 6 months back.

I'm looking into switching to ET. Does it playback 3D or load LAV / madVR? Does it still launch WMC for LiveTV / RecordedTV when cci Copy Protection has to be dealt with?