Sharing watch and resume status

LLDaLastDon

LLDaLastDon

Does anyone know if there is a way to share watched status and resume points across users. For instance in my family room we have a default account that the family uses. I may watch some stuff and would like to resume watching later or see it as watched on my smartphone which uses my individual account (Dad) that has more access than the family account.

Fyi, I'm using the official Emby app and not Emby for Kodi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Koleckai Silvestri

The server supported this at one time. Not sure if it still does. The only client that I know of that implemented it was Emby for Media Center. Would be nice to have it in other clients.

I believe the Kodi add-on supports this as well.

This is a neat feature but, unfortunately, most people don't think to go into the menu and tell the system everyone who is there before watching something so it goes unused by 99% of people (even I forget to do it and I implemented the darned thing).

This will become truly practical when we have hardware readily available to allow us to do what Xbone does and just recognize everyone in the room at the time.

Angelblue05

We do support it with emby for kodi. We even have a way to add "permanent additional users" to start Kodi with. You can also map the function to your remote control or keyboard, if you use it often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vidman

Does anyone know if there is a way to share watched status and resume points across users. For instance in my family room we have a default account that the family uses. I may watch some stuff and would like to resume watching later or see it as watched on my smartphone which uses my individual account (Dad) that has more access than the family account.

Fyi, I'm using the official Emby app and not Emby for Kodi.

What official emby app? 

LLDaLastDon

The android and Samsung tv apps. Are they not the official Emby apps for those particular devices? If not I meant those two unofficial apps. [emoji4]

Edited by LLDaLastDon