DISC ART AND MORE DOESNT DOWNLOAD AUTOMATICALY

yakirp88

yakirp88

hi there,

for some reasons when i add a new movie to my library, it only downloads: fanart, logo, landscape, poster , thumbs, backdrops.

to download the rest artwork like discart banner and clearart, i just need to enter the art screen of that specific movie and withput doing nothing the missing art apears.

why the artwork doesnt downloaded all automaticaly from the begining?

thanks in advance

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Check your settings in your emby dashboard > Metadata > Services. For example, select the content type: Movies and near the bottom you'll see "Image settings" where you can set to download other types of artwork automatically when adding new content.

yakirp88

It all set and as I said when I enter the images screen of the movie all missing art spears and downloaded automatically this is why it is wiered

FrostByte

Seeing the same thing as yakirp88 as far as disc images go.  Option is set to automatically download, but it doesn't download the disc image automatically until I do something that triggers the server like clicking "Edit Images" or use a client which uses the disc images and then the server gets the images at that time.

Edit: using Version 3.0.5865.0

Edited by FrostByte

Deathsquirrel

Pretty sure @@Luke posted on this in the last couple weeks and said the server had been changed to only download image files as needed.  So you won't get certain images like disc art right away because not every client calls for them.  When a client needs them they are retrieved and served up.

Since I always click edit images after adding a movie, to make sure I don't need to create any image files, I'd never noticed.

• Like 2

FrostByte

Thanks for the info Deathsquirrel, it slows my client down a bit the first time when it has to go fetch the art but nothing real drastic

Yes this is correct. It doesn't download the artwork until it's needed. We'll add a setting to download immediately.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yes this is correct. It doesn't download the artwork until it's needed. We'll add a setting to download immediately.

It'll be HIGHLY appreciated to add this setting function. I thought my server had a problem until I see this...

Happy2Play

Don't know when exactly added but option available in Beta 3.0.5891.0, Metadata-Advanced-Images.

• Like 2

Diedrich

@@Luke This is very frustrating. Emby Server used to be highly automated with regards to metadata and media images. I am on 3.0.5871.0 and as was discussed in another post, taking away the one-stop-shop image editing in the Metadata Manager has made image editing tedious. Now the server doesn't respect the Dashboard>Metadata>Services>Image Settings and has made a once intelligent entity become a toddler that needs to be looked after and have its job completed for it (grabbing all the images set forth in the settings, I am only getting the Poster unless i do a manual refresh).

I know this sounds ungrateful, it's not. I understand what you were trying to do but a once automated process has now become time consuming and laborious. I always wait for the stable server version but will be grabbing beta 5891 just to get this functionality back. Keep up the awesome work, Emby rules them all and keeps getting better every week!

Edited by dvgmar

@@Luke This is very frustrating. Emby Server used to be highly automated with regards to metadata and media images. I am on 3.0.5871.0 and as was discussed in another post, taking away the one-stop-shop image editing in the Metadata Manager has made image editing tedious. Now the server doesn't respect the Dashboard>Metadata>Services>Image Settings and has made a once intelligent entity become a toddler that needs to be looked after and have its job completed for it (grabbing all the images set forth in the settings, I am only getting the Poster unless i do a manual refresh).

I know this sounds ungrateful, it's not. I understand what you were trying to do but a once automated process has now become time consuming and laborious. I always wait for the stable server version but will be grabbing beta 5891 just to get this functionality back. Keep up the awesome work, Emby rules them all and keeps getting better every week!

Did you read post #11?

Diedrich

Did you read post #11?

I did, yes. I went to 5892 which I normally don't do, I like to be on the stable train. Thank you for bringing image editing back to the metadata manager. I look forward to getting some new media to make sure all the images are searched.

Thank you for the reply.

Edited by dvgmar