EMBY keeps changing the 'date added' on old movies in my collection and now tells me that they're the most recently added!

Gaz

Hi guys,

Only posting as I'm really frustrated that the same problem seems to keep happening to me, twice this week in fact.

I noticed that my movies collection was showing really old movies on the title page that I've had in my collection for years and stating that they were the latest/most recently added.

I cleared out my movies folder and did a re-scan and then re-added the latest movies I'd added to my movies collection and did another re-scan so my latest movies would be on the title page etc.

Now a few days later it's happened again, Emby seems to be getting old movies starting from the letter Z backwards and adding them as 'recently added'!!

I've stopped Emby from downloading any BETA updates as surely there must be a problem somewhere?

Can anyone shed some light on this or recommend a fix so I don't have to keep resorting my movie collection?

Cheers

Hi Luke and thanks for the reply. I only ever use XML files.

It's like Emby just wants to sort old movies in reverse alphabetised order and make them recently added instead!

'Xmen' is the latest, then 'Watchmen', 'The Visit' etc - going from Z to A etc.

Any ideas please?

I think we need to capture a specific example. A great thing to do would be to capture an xml file before and after so that we can compare. I know that's probably hard for you to predict but it would be a good data point. I would double check that you don't also have nfo's lying around in your media folders. nfo has been our default for over a year and a half now, and they are given priority over xml files. So if you happen to have any, they might be getting read.

Do you keep metadata on the same drive as your media? if so, look in the /metadata folder for that item, and then look in the nfo/xml. For the few I've had this problem with emby initially imported them incorrectly.

<FirstAired>2013-03-26</FirstAired>
<Added>1/1/2038 1:16:36 AM</Added>

Somehow my computer went to the future for a short duration (without a flux capacitor?!), and experienced the year 2038 problem? Then somehow it came back and I never noticed it missing. Everytime I refresh same thing.

But..I think I understand what is happening.

‎Last Modified date: Friday, ‎January ‎01, ‎2038, ‏‎1:16:48 AM

The <added> field is using the last modified date? Why isnt it just using the date and time it is when it imports it?

Edited by speechles

The field is using the last modified date? Why isnt it just using the date and time it is when it imports it?

There is an option to choose between the two.

So "use date scanned into library" is the same as using last modified date? Why doesnt it say its using last modified? It says using date scanned into library. This should be irrelevant of created or last modified imo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So "use date scanned into library" is the same as using last modified date? Why doesnt it say its using last modified? It says using date scanned into library. This should be irrelevant of created or last modified imo.

date scanned in = the date it was added to emby server, not date modified.

• Like 1

@@Luke are you absolutely 100% positive? I use xml, deleted the xml with the year of 2038, rescanned, and the new xml appears with added having a year of 2038. Maybe the xml saver is the culprit? This is happening right now to me. Just that one file has a wonky last modified.

Server Version 3.0.5855.0, yeah a little behind because of the migration required to update further. I havent migrated my database yet. I tend to lag behind a few releases behind and wait for others to confirm or deny any issues in the updates before I follow suit. Not nit picking or throwing shade either. I am just perhaps overly cautious when I dont need to be.

I dislike change usually because it breaks things moving forward and features get dropped (local trailer downloads for example). So dont take this the wrong way. I love emby and the ease of use it enables. Having it easier to use is always a good thing. Thats why I ask, "are you sure?". Just for my own peace of mind.

Edited by speechles

Good day buddy,

I am sure based of my personal testing matters.

But I do not use xml anymore tho, only nfo.

My best

Luke, you are indeed correct. Renaming it with an underscore in the filename it is seen as a new item and the date is correct as of the moment emby added it. Not created nor last modified. Even a complete refresh of that item wouldnt fix it. I had to physically rename the file and it fixed it.

Abobader, this may be the benefit of using nfo. The legacy xml created long ago, years ago, wouldve been recreated as nfo and corrected had I done that.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1