Bug causing videos getting to be marked as watched

Deihmos

Deihmos

I finally figured out why some of my videos are being marked as watched even if I view just a few minutes. If I am viewing a video then switch to playing another video without first pressing stop, then first video automatically is marked as watched. I have tested it several times with the same result.

Sorry the topic has an error and I cannot edit.

Edited by Deihmos

Deihmos

I am on stable. This has happened for a long time but I just ignored it but now I know what was causing it. I played Shameless then played Sleepy Hollow and both got marked as watched. I was less than a minute in.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Ah ok, I already fixed the issue in beta during the refactor, hehe. Maybe you can update and confirm, if you are able to reproduce. We are aiming for a stable release shortly. :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Deihmos

It still happens with the beta but not all of the time. At what point does Kodi mark a video as watched?

Edited by Deihmos

Angelblue05

Ok can you post your log? I've made sure to add an ignore as soon as the item starts playing. Kodi may mark as watched automatically, but it should auto correct with emby info a few seconds later.

We don't control the mark point, emby controls it via the dashboard > playback. I am fairly sure, by default Kodi and emby use the same value. However I think Kodi has a shortcut thing happening if you playback and stop quickly, it will mark as watched or unwatched depending on the current playstate. But like I said, it should be rectified when the server echos that the item is done playing and we update the playstate.

So a log would surely help. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk