System Down After Upgrade To 3.0.5864 & 5865

MrGenius1
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

MrGenius1

Ok I have placed this issue in its own thread. Maybe that is what i was missing on why i haven't received a response. I want to get the system back up and running for the weekend. I have a few people coming over for the game.

After the database upgrade from 3.0.5863 everything was working great. Update 3.0.5864 just showed the database html page with no progress. Update 3.0.5865 shows a blank page but the tab header says "Waiting on localhost"

I have attached the log files and I am hoping someone can assist me with getting this corrected.

Emby-InstallLogs.zip

Hi, I would suggest going here

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins

And deleting your plugin dlls. Then I would go to

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\root\default

Find the .mblink file that is pointing to

\\GENIUSMGI-2\GeniusMGI (G)

and delete it. then try to start the server. It really shouldn't be necessary to do either of these things, but they're good things to try given that we're not sure what the issue is yet. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

• Solution

Actually I found the issue. I think your best course of action is going to be deleting this file

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\library.db

And letting the server rebuilt it. That means a full library scan will happen. The stable version doesn't understand the database changes introduced by beta, and now that you've gone back and forth there are some issues here. The things I mentioned in the previous post are not necessary, but may help simplify things.

• Like 1

MrGenius1

Thank you Luke,

Deleting the library.db file brought the system up. Scan is happening as I'm typing this. Also deleted two .mdlink files. Not sure why they were still in there. Those drives have been removed from the system over six months ago. Again thank you for your help. Soon the family will be off my back and able to get back to their stuff!

• Like 1