Auto Box Sets not scanning even though Collection ID is in all NFO's

SkinnyT
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hey guys,

I have a server at home running Windows Server 2012 R2, which is the machine that i have Emby Server running on as well.  

I've been using Kodi for about 4-5 years now, but I've been having some serious issues with video quality and their lack of an easy remote access feature is killing me. With that I've also used Ember Media Manager to handle all of my metadata and other files associated with my media.

Now with Emby, it seems to do all of that for me right out of the box.  I missed having my Collections that I had to setup manually in Kodi, and with about 700 movies now, it would be a little difficult to manually set these all up again for another platform.   After finding Auto Box Sets I was hoping that this would help and do what I needed it to do.  

I've now tried both the most recent release and the dev edition as well and neither will scan and pick up any of my videos.  I manually created one collection and after each time that I uninstall and reinstall ABS, it will pick that up right away.

I can't imagine that I'm missing something here, as the menus are a pretty simple setup, so could this be some type of permissions issue in the folders anywhere or is there something else that I can double check?  Any help would be much appreciated.

I just checked the log files as well and this is being reported for every movie being scanned:

*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5821.0
Command line: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
One or more errors occurred.
System.AggregateException
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1b.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Net.WebException
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

I enabled a rule in windows firewall allowing "MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe" full access both inbound/outbound to see if that fixed anything, but sadly it did not.  But atleast now I can see that something is tying up that connection.

Happy2Play

That would be TMDB's fault, your getting a (404) Not Found, because your Godzilla Collection ID (221541) not longer exists there.

Google still has it cached even though it no longer exists.

56b4ef7651170_cached.jpg

• Like 1

Hrmm, thats the collection that I had manually created too.  There should be about 30 other collections that populate, none of which do.

Heres some more of what I could dig up:

2016-02-05 13:35:10.2028 Info Auto Box Sets: Executing Automatic BoxSet creation.  Found 9 potential box sets.
2016-02-05 13:35:10.2648 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to ::1. Time: 79ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/AutoBoxSets/Refresh
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5821.0
Command line: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
One or more errors occurred.
System.AggregateException
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1b.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Net.WebException
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2016-02-05 13:35:10.3230 Info Auto Box Sets: Unable to verify collection ID of 221541 which is referenced in Godzilla vs. Megaguirus - not creating set.
2016-02-05 13:35:10.4250 Info Auto Box Sets: Automatic BoxSet creation completed.

• Solution

its probably the same thing. what we're seeing is that collections on tmdb are a revolving door. the collection id in your movie metadata is now obsolete because of that

• Like 1

It's ok that it was scraped by another program, no problem there. the problem is that it's now out of date which means the movies need to be refreshed again in order to get new id's. we don't just do this automatically because not everyone wants their metadata altered like that.

• Like 1

How would I go about rescraping all of that from within emby?  I've tried to do library updates, but those didn't seem make a difference.

Happy2Play

How would I go about rescraping all of that from within emby?  I've tried to do library updates, but those didn't seem make a difference.

What do you mean by tried library updates?  A Refresh "refresh all data" at library level?

Happy2Play

I'm doing a full refresh of the metadata under my "Movies" folder.  Should this hopefully update all of my info?

Yes, this will get the information and write the metadata again.

• Like 1

So everything has been great with the collections and Auto Box Sets now that I know what I'm looking for. I have however noticed that with the addition of new media, the metadata scanner doesn't automatically pickup the TMDB Collection ID.  I have to go back and do a manual refresh of the data to get it to populate.  Am I still missing something here?

So everything has been great with the collections and Auto Box Sets now that I know what I'm looking for. I have however noticed that with the addition of new media, the metadata scanner doesn't automatically pickup the TMDB Collection ID.  I have to go back and do a manual refresh of the data to get it to populate.  Am I still missing something here?

When you add new media, are you only adding media or are you also bringing along your own nfo metadata?

Right now I have Couch Potato watching my downloads folder.   From there it gets picked and processed.  CP renames the file, downloads subs and pulls metadata.  Clearly its not pulling the TMDB collection ID and I haven't found a setting for it to do so.  I think I just assumed that Emby would then scan it and fill in the blanks as well.

CBers

Right now I have Couch Potato watching my downloads folder.   From there it gets picked and processed.  CP renames the file, downloads subs and pulls metadata.  Clearly its not pulling the TMDB collection ID and I haven't found a setting for it to do so.  I think I just assumed that Emby would then scan it and fill in the blanks as well.

I use CP as well, but I never have it bring any metadata etc.

It moves it to the Movies folder and the Emby does the rest.

Also do the same for Sonarr monitored TV.

• Like 1

CBers

Cool.  I'll give that a shot.

Do you let either of them touch the .nfo file or do you let emby do that as well?

No, I let Emby do everything.

• Like 1

Cool.  Maybe a little off topic, but what do you think of Sonarr?  I've been using SickRage for awhile and before that SickBeard to manage my TV shows, but with all the drama going on with those guys right now I'm thinking of making a change.

CBers

Cool.  Maybe a little off topic, but what do you think of Sonarr?  I've been using SickRage for awhile and before that SickBeard to manage my TV shows, but with all the drama going on with those guys right now I'm thinking of making a change.

Sonarr is excellent.

Used to use SB, but once I switched to Sonarr, I'v never ever thought about switching back.

Friends and family use it as well.

Good to know.  I'll have to check it out.  Do you use it for nzb downloads or torrents, if you don't mind me asking.  I know some of these programs work better for one than the other.

CBers

Good to know.  I'll have to check it out.  Do you use it for nzb downloads or torrents, if you don't mind me asking.  I know some of these programs work better for one than the other.

NZB