No Collections Dynamic Image

jds828

Server: Version 3.0.5864.0

Only a bit of eye candy but I thought I'd let you know.

The enhanced view on collections isn't showing... just a picture of popcorn on it. I looked in settings etc and it's not in the enhanced view list either.

The enhanced view on collections isn't showing... just a picture of popcorn on it. I looked in settings etc and it's not in the enhanced view list either.

Now I saw this answered somewhere, but from memory (and I just tried it on my own Emby) from the GUI right click on collections and select edit images, you should be greeted with 2 images, Primary and a Thumb, delete Thumb as this should be the popcorn image.

Now I saw this answered somewhere, but from memory (and I just tried it on my own Emby) from the GUI right click on collections and select edit images, you should be greeted with 2 images, Primary and a Thumb, delete Thumb as this should be the popcorn image.

Hi geaves,

I should have said... I tried that yesterday but the popcorn came back today.

Delete both images, the primary and thumb. When this is done, you will get the sliced mosaic images generated (eventually). If you leave any images and dont delete them all it will regenerate the missing image on next scan. Edit images view has to show no images left to delete. After you do this, if any clients saw this popcorn image, the server may have cached it already for that client. In this case delete the contents of the servers /cache folder and let it rebuild for each client as they are used again.

You only get the cool sliced mosaic tiles when there are no images for that section.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

Delete both images, the primary and thumb. When this is done, you will get the sliced mosaic images generated (eventually). If you leave any images and dont delete them all it will regenerate the missing image on next scan. Edit images view has to show no images left to delete. After you do this, if any clients saw this popcorn image, the server may have cached it already for that client. In this case delete the contents of the servers /cache folder and let it rebuild for each client as they are used again.

You only get the cool sliced mosaic tiles when there are no images for that section.

It's not showing in the enhanced folders list though. I'm on a beta version so I'll have a better look later and go back to stable if need be.

collections don't have an enhanced view, it's always just a plain list. what exactly are you trying to do?

collections don't have an enhanced view, it's always just a plain list. what exactly are you trying to do?

My Emby has always had the enhanced style on collections up until yesterday. I enabled the beta and it went to the popcorn image and removed collections from the enhanced tick boxes under user profiles.

Not sure if it was meant to be there, but it was.

My Emby has always had the enhanced style on collections up until yesterday. I enabled the beta and it went to the popcorn image and removed collections from the enhanced tick boxes under user profiles.

Not sure if it was meant to be there, but it was.

You are talking about two different things.

The Enhanced presentation is a way of displaying the contents of the library and you are talking about the library image.

It was ok with enhanced so it matched (style) with my other folders. It doesn't show in the enhanced list any longer so can't tick it.

As I said in the first post... not a big issue, just letting you know.

It was ok with enhanced so it matched (style) with my other folders. It doesn't show in the enhanced list any longer so can't tick it.

That option has nothing to do with the image :).

ginjaninja

embys default primary image   for collections is the wrong aspect ratio..(at least in web client)...the latest dev server is not auto generating primary images or thumbs for collections..like it used to..

FrostByte

Seeing the same thing as the OP the last few of beta releases.  No matter how many times I've deleted the popcorn picture they always come back and I never get the dynamic sliced thumb file like I use to have.

• Like 1

PhinkBig

Can confirm the exact same behavior, the collection's primary and thumb image went from the dynamic slices to the default "popcorn". Currently on server beta 3.0.5865.0

This was the first thing I tried! The image then switches to the blank black folder, but the popcorn keeps returning. I was using the new ET, local web client, and remote web client - all 3 had the same behavior.

FrostByte, I ended up deleting the cache( thanks speechles). The only way I could get rid of it.

And yes, this all started perhaps this and the last beta. 

I can't quite put my finger on it but something seems wrong with Emby ATM, little issues like this and other random spinning circle on the screen and not listing all my folders. I'll keep an eye on it and reply to the relevant threads and supply logs if need be.

• Like 1

FrostByte

FrostByte, I ended up deleting the cache( thanks speechles). The only way I could get rid of it.

And yes, this all started perhaps this and the last beta. 

I can't quite put my finger on it but something seems wrong with Emby ATM, little issues like this and other random spinning circle on the screen and not listing all my folders. I'll keep an eye on it and reply to the relevant threads and supply logs if need be.

I deleted everything under cache and the ones in the collections folder using the editor.  I must have a copy of that somewhere else too.  I found it in the tour folder also, but wouldn't think it would be grabbing that one.  I'll just have to keep looking I guess.

Seeing the same thing as the OP the last few of beta releases.  No matter how many times I've deleted the popcorn picture they always come back and I never get the dynamic sliced thumb file like I use to have.

Same issue here with current Beta Version 3.0.5865.0.  

Sorry guys it was removed. The main library view images are no longer user specific because the feedback that we've seen is that you guys just want to set your images once as an admin and have them apply to all users. i could bring back the thumbnail generation but it will inevitably cause some to complain that the thumbnails show content that is not appropriate for certain users.

• Like 1

How about a default that looks just like the automatically created ones instead of something fairly starkly different?

I bet one of these artists out here could make one for us...

Koleckai Silvestri

Ah ok. So then why not just customize the image with what you want then?

The automatic dynamic image in previous server versions was nice and fit in with the automatically created images previously used. I don't understand why you stopped using them for Collections but use the dynamic image for playlists. Music lost its dynamic image as well. Updating it for all users is also a pain since you cannot set these images globally.

Would be nice if there was a script so we could make these based on our libraries, collections, playlists, etc...

Happy2Play

How about a default that looks just like the automatically created ones instead of something fairly starkly different?

I bet one of these artists out here could make one for us...

Or someone that still has a dynamic image can post one.

Happy2Play

Sorry guys it was removed. The main library view images are no longer user specific because the feedback that we've seen is that you guys just want to set your images once as an admin and have them apply to all users. i could bring back the thumbnail generation but it will inevitably cause some to complain that the thumbnails show content that is not appropriate for certain users.

Couldn't there be a regenerate button for admins to use to still generate and assign these images as static images for users in this case?

Edited by Happy2Play