Collections Folder

moviefan
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

moviefan

At some point during a recent upgrade to either the server or Emby for WMC a "Collections" folder was added into my Emby interface for WMC.

The folder is completely empty - even though if I click on collections from the web interface I have over 200 collections.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this nor how to remove this folder from Emby...

Any help?

Emby for WMC Version: 3.0.298.0

Server Version: 3.0.5864.0

moviefan

Yes that was the first thing I checked.  Maybe I missed a setting but I've reviewed the screens a few times and don't see any mention of collections.

moviefan

For clarification, is this at the top level, or underneath a movie library?

This is at the top level on the EHS.

56b4c23310f9e_ScreenShot20160205at73847A

Not sure if this config screen helps....

56b4c26782b3d_ScreenShot20160205at73907A

Try turning off legacy browsing and using the grouping settings on the server user settings to achieve the same thing.

moviefan

Yah just unchecking the legacy browsing fixed it for me.  I know I had it enabled for a reason a while ago but looks like some changes have been made to allow it to work as it used to without it now.  Cool!

Still no idea why the collections folder all of the sudden appeared this past week but suppose it doesnt really matter.

Thanks!

moviefan

Okay so I was wrong - I figured out the reason I had legacy browsing enabled.  

I want to have the Movies by Genre folder shown in my collection and this doesn't show up anymore when I disable legacy browsing.

Is there any way to achieve this with the new mode?  If not, can you help me figure out why this empty collections folder is showing all of the sudden.

moviefan

Another update....oddly after disabling and re-enabling legacy browsing the Collections folder now shows "Recently Added" items on the EHS.  However, when I click into it it still shows no items.

I am guessing this might be due to using the old manual collection format before you enabled the auto boxset or whatever you call it now.  I prefer to organize my files in this way so hopefully can still continue doing this.

The empty collections folder is something the server is spitting out in this instance.  I think Luke is going to suppress it in a future update.  The old file-system based box sets are not going to have all the features of real box sets...

moviefan

I'm not too concerned about all the features of boxsets.  I do prefer to do them manually however both from a folder organization perspective as well as to create some of the manual collections I've created that aren't standard collections.

I don't need the collections showing in Emby for WMC although I am okay with it being there if it works.

If Luke suppresses it in a future update that would be a good solution as well.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Yes, I toggled it and the collections folder is still there.  If you like, I have time this weekend, I can provide more details.

Legacy Browsing OFF is not an option, I really dislike the EHS with this option off.. 

• Like 1

Yes, I toggled it and the collections folder is still there.  If you like, I have time this weekend, I can provide more details.

If that is the case, that means you have the option in your user settings (web client user icon) to show a collections folder turned on.  You can easily turn it off.

Legacy Browsing OFF is not an option, I really dislike the EHS with this option off.. 

Why specifically?  You should be able to achieve the exact same folder setup by using non-legacy browsing and the proper settings under grouping and enhanced presentation.

moviefan

You should be able to achieve the exact same folder setup by using non-legacy browsing and the proper settings under grouping and enhanced presentation.

If this is true how can I achieve a "Movies by Genre" folder with legacy browsing disabled?

If this is true how can I achieve a "Movies by Genre" folder with legacy browsing disabled?

By enabling the sub views for movies. You will then get a genres folder within the movie folder.

moviefan

By enabling the sub views for movies. You will then get a genres folder within the movie folder.

Can you help me find where I enable the sub views?  I've clicked around the server a bit and don't see such an option.  I am sure I am missing it but don't know where else to look.

Vidman

Click on your user icon (web client top right) to access your user display and homescreen settings

Edited by Vidman

moviefan

Click on your user icon (web client top right) to access your user display and homescreen settings

Yes this is the very first place I looked.  I don't see any mention of "sub views" or genres on either of these pages.

Can you help me find where I enable the sub views?  I've clicked around the server a bit and don't see such an option.  I am sure I am missing it but don't know where else to look.

EMC->Config->View Options

ebr, thank you, I was able to disable Legacy Browsing and then use the server side settings to get my old school EHS.

However, the only issue I that I now no longer can see the favorites folder.  Is there a way to enable this from the server side ?

Edited by Tester

No, favorites are not delivered globally by the server.  They should show up as sub-views under movies and TV if you have those enabled though.