Random Stopping and Restarting while playing

DexDeadly

DexDeadly

Ever since the last two updates to the server my Emby app seems to randomly stop playing a file midstream.  Then restarts at the very beginning of the episode.  I've also noticed that if I pause an episode and exit out of the app it will keep that place, but if I start to play the episode again it may randomly restart but it will use the place I last paused at instead of restarting over.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  It is rather random and I can not pin it down to a certain file type or not.  Currently using 

Emby Server: Version 3.0.5821.0 over regular 8096 port.

Android App Version: 2.5.79

Yup, I've experienced similar issues since the Server 3.0 update at least (currently running v3.0.5854.0 and Android 2.5.81).

Usually, for me, the file loads 0-2 seconds of content, then skips back to the beginning in an endless loop. Skipping forward, or force-quitting the app, sometimes fixes it. But sometimes I just give up for the night and it works flawlessly the next day. I haven't brought this up yet because I feel like I am either having transcoding issues due to my server settings (but it works 30% of the time?), or modem issues (which shouldn't be the case), but I haven't determined which.

Additionally, switching to any other app at any time will cause the video to start from 00:00 for me. Doesn't matter if I pause. When I switch back to Emby, the timestamp is correct, but the moment it resumes it starts from the beginning. I haven't brought that one up because I run a custom ROM with various apps that could potentially be at fault.

So yeah, you're not the only one experiencing issues with the Android stream restarting. Everything works flawlessly on my PC.

Edited by Xenrin

We are going to be updating libVlc soon so we'll see what impact that brings. Out of curiosity if you try the mobile chrome browser (up to date version) on your android device, how does that perform?

Huh, I guess that solves my question on whether or not this was a problem with the Emby app, my settings for the app, or my troublesome router. Five minutes of playback in mobile Chrome without any restarts or glitches, even after pausing and switching apps.  Guess I'll be sticking with the somewhat sluggish Chrome for now until the app gets updated.

I tested the same video file in Emby and the abstract art started two minutes later.