How do I remove Collections from home screen?

Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz

Looked everywhere and did a search but haven't found an answer. This just appeared out of the blue on my home screen. No plug ins besides CoverArt, Trailers, Rotten Tomatoes and Server Backup.

Edited by Pete Mazz

Happy2Play

Click your User Icon in top right - Setting-Home Screen Setting-uncheck "Display a collections view to show movie collections".

Happy2Play

Can you provide a screen shot of what your are seeing and one of your Home screen settings "My View".

sodapop

The same think happened to me after the beta upgrade yesterday and still remains after the numerous beta upgrades today. Currently on beta Version 3.0.5864.0 with WMC.

As far as I can tell none of the home screen or display settings have any effect.

I have a very generic setup - using the classic view, EHS is enabled but I have no plug-ins

This is the Folder view.

attachicon.gifEmby 1.jpg

attachicon.gifEmby 2.jpg

Ok, you're referring to the separate Folder view and not the actual home screen views? if yes then there is currently no way to remove them. But please confirm it's not on your home screen.

Pete Mazz

Yes, I misspoke when saying home screen. I had WMC Emby home screen in my head. It is the Folder View in the Server.

Will there eventually be a way to remove it?

Happy2Play

Probably not since Folder View has been removed from the UI not to many people know about the hidden switch to turn on/off, but there are topics about it.

Edited by Happy2Play

Yes, I misspoke when saying home screen. I had WMC Emby home screen in my head. It is the Folder View in the Server.

Will there eventually be a way to remove it?

happy2play is correct. instead let's focus on the home screen and learn why you felt you had to enable folder view in the first place

Happy2Play

Is this a WMC issue same as here

The only way to remove it I have found with trial and error testing is via Custom CSS for the Web Client.  Don't know if it carries over to Emby for WMC.

Example itemid from my system

[data-itemid="384fe71bd5db8c0c97c6b356a93be6d8"] {display: none !important;}

You can get your itemid by going to Metadata Manager-Collections look at url #editItemMetadataPage?id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx copy the id and use my example in Custom CSS.

Dashboard-Server-Settings-Branding-Custom CSS

if it's in emc, can you show a screenshot of that? i'd like to know if it's the same entry as the one you're seeing in the web client. thanks.

sodapop

Within WMC, after all the beta upgrades yesterday, currently on version 3.0.5864.0, the Collection tab suddenly appeared and within the Media Folders - TV there is a folder called "Upcoming TV".

I made no changes, other than numerous server upgrades to resolve the Clean Database issues.

post-33290-0-00258800-1454652540_thumb.jpg

post-33290-0-84554500-1454652548_thumb.jpg

I would suggest turning that off and adjusting the settings for library grouping and enhanced presentations to provide the same functionality.

Pete Mazz

No offense but i much prefer EMC for the look and ability to use any player with bitstreaming MPC-BE x64. I can control everything with my remote and Flirc.

Edited by Pete Mazz

sodapop

I turned off Legacy Browsing and that did removed the Collections tab (and the Upcoming TV folder) but it also removed the Movies by Genre. I tried various combinations of settings and the best I could do to get that option back had it nested into other folders.

I know lots a people prefer the fancy screens with lots of content (noise as far as I'm concerned!) but that's difficult with all the different devices and generations that are using this system to view content.

No offense but i much prefer EMC for the look and ability to use any player with bitstreaming MPC-BE x64. I can control everything with my remote and Flirc.

To what are you responding?

Pete Mazz

I would suggest turning that off and adjusting the settings for library grouping and enhanced presentations to provide the same functionality.

This