Media display changes not being saved.

ashman70

ashman70

I am running Emby as a docker on Unraid 6.1.7 and I am having an issue with the way my content is displayed. If I have my TV shows set to display as a poster, some show posters whereas other show banners, I've gone in several times and changed the banners to posters but these changes don't save and will eventually revert. Similarly with movies, I've changed the posters on many but the changes aren't saved and revert. I've gone into metadata manager and made these changes and saved them, still they revert. I am doing this as the appdata user btw, not sure if that matters, I have full permissions to my media directories. Now one thing about my setup that is different is that I have my media folders mounted as shares on my UnRaid server, they are not local, but the permissions are open meaning no username or password is required to make changes to them. I also have am Emby premiere subscription.

Hi, welcome. Right now these are saved client-side in the app, which means that if your web browsing data is getting cleared, so too are your app settings.

ashman70

Just so I understand you correctly, at the moment, whatever artwork for a movie or tv show that Emby chooses by default, cannot be changed at all? Or am I misunderstanding you?

ashman70

So I changed my browser settings to not clear the cache and I've spent several hours changing the the box covers for films and tv shows and still they are not being saved, can I get some help figuring out why?

ashman70

Google Chrome

I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that my media is not local to my Emby server, but mounted on remote shares, should that matter?

Edited by ashman70

Happy2Play

So I changed my browser settings to not clear the cache and I've spent several hours changing the the box covers for films and tv shows and still they are not being saved, can I get some help figuring out why?

How are the images named in films and tv shows that you are having issues with?  Is there a difference from the ones that work?

can you tell us exactly what you are changing in the UI? for example, what screen, what button, etc. Thanks.

ashman70

It seems to be working now from a different computer where I am using IE11 to make the changes. Why is it so picky with browsers? It didn't work with Chrome or Safari on my Mac, but does work on a PC running Windows 7 with IE11? I am on the TV page, under shows, where it displays all the tv shows in my library. I have it set to display poster or poster card. Now by default it was displaying many of my shows with banners so I would edit that to display a poster. As I said on my Mac in Chrome or Safari this change would revert after a period of time back to the banner.

I spoke to soon, the changes I made to the banners through IE11 on the windows  7 computer have reverted back to banners again.

Edited by ashman70

ashman70

Sure here is a screenshot of some of my shows, you'll notice how some display a poster whilst others display banners.

56b3bb4debcdb_Embytvshowsdisplay.jpg

Right I see, now it makes sense :)

The issue is not the display setting. The issue is you don't have posters at all for that show. Try clicking on the show 30 Rock, then click the image on the detail screen (or dot menu -> edit images). Use that to download a poster, then come back to this screen.

ashman70

I've done that several times for all my shows, it downloads a poster and displays it, great. Sometime later it reverts to the banner, thats the problem.