Restoring Sync Database

nsmal24

I recently performed a fresh install of my OS (Win7) due to various issues. I have a large amount of synced shows and movies on a different partition (so all the files remain). I restored my Emby configuration with Server Backup, but it seems the sync db was lost in the transition. Is there any way to restore this so I don't have to spend all that processing power again redoing it? I have an image of the old install that I can pull files from if need be.

Thanks!

screwattackthis

Hey, I can't help you with your current problem but in the future you should consider signing up for trakt and using the Emby plugin for it.  This will sync your watched status to their server and you won't ever have to worry about these kinds of issues again.

• Like 1

Resume/watched status was restored with Server Configuration Backup. This is media that Emby has converted to a lesser/more-compatible quality so it doesn't have to transcode when streaming.

Unfortunately we have not yet implemented backup and restore of the sync database. if everything about your new server is identical to the old, then in theory moving the sync.db file might work.

Unfortunately we have not yet implemented backup and restore of the sync database. if everything about your new server is identical to the old, then in theory moving the sync.db file might work.

Ok, just looked into this.  New install has one sync14.db file (located at C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data).  Backup files from image were located at C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data and included two files - sync14.db-shm and sync14.db-wal.  First, am I looking at the right db, and, second, why the difference in filenames and is there anything I can do about it?  Versions of the two servers were similar but not exactly the same.  I'm on current beta now.  Old server was on the newest dev from about a week ago.

Thanks again.

• 5 months later...
anderbytes

I just found somewhere that also should be in Backup. CUSTOM DLNA PROFILES.

I had to reinstall Emby from scratch and luckily I had the backup working. The restore was executed with no issues, but my custom DLNA Profiles (by the way... painful to create correctly) haven't been restored.

• Like 2

I just found somewhere that also should be in Backup. CUSTOM DLNA PROFILES.

I had to reinstall Emby from scratch and luckily I had the backup working. The restore was executed with no issues, but my custom DLNA Profiles (by the way... painful to create correctly) haven't been restored.

Please try version 1.0.0.14 of the backup plug-in and see if it backs up and restores these for you.  Thanks.

• Like 1

anderbytes

I will do it in the next few days.

I found two more things that aren't backed up.

- Link between Users - Premiere (I have to relink each user to premiere key manually)

- API Keys (under Security)

anderbytes

"Audio boot when downmixing" inside "Playback" config also hasn't been restored.

• 3 weeks later...
anderbytes

Please try version 1.0.0.14 of the backup plug-in and see if it backs up and restores these for you.  Thanks.

@@ebr, I saw that the custom profiles were saved in "dlna" folder of backup done... each profile a XML, perfect.

But I couldn't restore it correctly. It should be inside "DLNA" context of restore, right? I couldn't do the "FULL RESTORE" yet for some reasons... but DLNA restore hasn't worked.

Also please add support for these below in Backup/Restore:

- Link between Users <--> Premiere  (I have to relink each user to premiere key manually)

- API Keys (under Security)

- "Audio boot when downmixing" (inside "Playback" config)

But I couldn't restore it correctly. It should be inside "DLNA" context of restore, right? I couldn't do the "FULL RESTORE" yet for some reasons... but DLNA restore hasn't worked.

No, they actually go in the "user" folder under dlna in the target.  Did they not end up there or were they not available in the interface?

anderbytes

No, they actually go in the "user" folder under dlna in the target. Did they not end up there or were they not available in the interface?

The files are as you say, inside folder user, that is inside dlna. But nothing shows in GUI

They seem restored in filesystem, but not emby

Okay, Luke, other than the existence of the files in the dlna/user folder, what is the server using to find them?

anderbytes

Okay, Luke, other than the existence of the files in the dlna/user folder, what is the server using to find them?

One explanation: when I said "Dlna context" above, I mean the Dlna checkbox in restore options.

Nothing, but as of recently they are cached in memory so if you change them outside of the server UI, you need to restart the server.

anderbytes

Nothing, but as of recently they are cached in memory so if you change them outside of the server UI, you need to restart the server.

It might be it, I don't remember if I restarted it

anderbytes

No deal. Restarted the server, nothing changes. Soon I'll be doing different tests, and post here

Luke, log in debugging mode shows when the folder is scanned for XMLs ?

anderbytes

@@ebr, I discovered what happened.

You restored the files to /dlna/user folder... but the XMLs generated by custom profiles are stored inside /config/dlna/user folder

Oops.  Try .15.  You should be able to just restore your already made backup.

anderbytes

Oops.  Try .15.  You should be able to just restore your already made backup.

Will it work if I only restore "DLNA" checkbox in restore options?

anderbytes

yes.

Works! ;)

Please don't forget those 3 things I pointed before, ok?

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...
anderbytes

One more... FanArt.TV api key havent been restored (Library > Advanced)... just noticed it.