Bug: When resuming a movie, the elapsed time and scroll bar underneath, it doesn’t continue from resume position

vdatanet

vdatanet

Issue description:

When resuming a movie, the elapsed time and scroll bar underneath, it doesn’t continue from resume position.

Steps to reproduce:

• Start a movie, press stop at 5:00
  • Resume movie from 5:00
  • The movie continues successfully, but elapsed time and scroll bar start at 0:00
  • Two minutes later, press stop
  • Resume position is 2:00 instead of 7:00.

My TV model number:

TV UE40H5500

My Emby server version:

My current Emby Samsung client version:

• Like 1

FrostByte

Nice catch.  Not sure, but could be related to my bug where the time doesn't restart after the last time in a subtitle

• Like 1

Can you check your clock please? Sometimes the time gets confused and starts from 0:00. Bad resumes times is a symptom of that issue.

FrostByte

I haven't been able to duplicate this one yet either.  Tried a couple movies so far.  I think you have to be 10%, or something like that, through a movie before the server saves the reserve time

vdatanet

I haven't been able to duplicate this one yet either.  Tried a couple movies so far.  I think you have to be 10%, or something like that, through a movie before the server saves the reserve time

Yes I know, I've setup resume time to 1% and the server saves the reserve time. As cmcg says, I'll check my clock tonight.

vdatanet

Does the movie have subtitles and are they turned on for playback?

No, it doesn't

vdatanet

Can you check your clock please? Sometimes the time gets confused and starts from 0:00. Bad resumes times is a symptom of that issue.

I've checked my TV clock, and it's OK.

vdatanet

And is the issue still there?

Sorry, the clock is OK, but the issue is still there.

This is a started movie, stopped at 01:53

You click on resume, movie starts al 01:53, but elapsed time starts at 0:00

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1

I recall seeing a similar issue to this some time back if the item is played via transcoding instead of direct play/stream.

Can you confirm whether the title is transcoding?  @@chessdragon136, do you remember this?

• Like 3

vdatanet

I recall seeing a similar issue to this some time back if the item is played via transcoding instead of direct play/stream.

Can you confirm whether the title is transcoding?  @@chessdragon136, do you remember this?

Yes, it's transcoding. I'll try with direct play to see what happens.

vdatanet

I've tested with direct play, and elapsed time is good, so this is a transcoding issue.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I did some playing around with this last night.  You can get this to happen other ways also.  If you start a movie at a certain chapter the timer also starts at 0:00 if you're transcoding.  If the movie isn't transcoding then the timer starts at the correct time when choosing chapters.  Basically, what I found if it's transcoding it will always start at 0:00 no matter what

How to duplicate

Set your bitrate real low in TV settings (or something that forces a transcode)

Navigate to a movie

Start a movie at any chapter from two on

Movie timer starts at 0:00

CBers

I'll try on my ATV boxes tonight to see if it's a general transcoding issue, or just Samsung.

Unless someone beats me to it ;)

vdatanet

I'll try on my ATV boxes tonight to see if it's a general transcoding issue, or just Samsung.

Unless someone beats me to it ;)

Hi, I've tried ios and android app, movie is resumed at correct time and elapsed time is also correct.

CBers

Hi, I've tried ios and android app, movie is resumed at correct time and elapsed time is also correct.

OK, thanks.

chessdragon136

Basically I know that the time is wrong in a lot of situations. Basically if i start at chapter 2 in a video file and it transcodes, the video player sees it as 00:00 as its a new stream, although i know we know it isnt. This issue manifests itself in other ways as well but that is the basics of it. 

It needs some work to get all the maths right  and to make all the rewind, fast forward and everything else behave correctly around it. 

• Like 2

FrostByte

This probably isn't related to the bug I posted earlier where the timer stops after the last time in a subtitle like I had hoped, but maybe it's in the same area and you can address both while you guys are looking at it.  Thanks

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29738-bug-timer-and-scroll-bar-stop-after-last-time-of-subtitle/?p=284979

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

Not mine, but this is working for me now in 2.1.0d, thanks

Edited by FrostByte

anderbytes

I'm awaiting for this fixes, but I'm not into beta (at least yet).

Is there an ETA to the next release?

Is the App automatically updated in Samsung TV ? Or do I have to reinstall it manually?

Thanks in advance.