Sync with NVidia Shield K1 Tablet

nodiaque

nodiaque

Hello,

I have an nvidia shield tablet k1 on android 6.0. I added an SD Card for extra storage. In Emby for Android, when I go into Sync Setting to set the synced content path, it open a browser from where I can get nowhere.

Little backtrack on that problem because it used to work.

At first, my SD Card was formated to be extra storage as internal storage (new feature of android 6). What I did in synced at the time is used the /mnt/emulated/0 folder to reach the SD Card directly. Now, I formatted the SD Card to portable mode (pre android-6 format). I cleared all cache and data from emby to start from scratch but now, it refuse to browse anything.

Using emby for android version 2.3.80.

• 3 weeks later...
nodiaque

(weird thing, it was a fresh download for the version I had in january)

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot to enable notification for the post.

I just formated and rooted my tablet in hope of solving the issue. When I format my sd card as internal, I lost ability to browse (when clicking browse, I get into a empty path and cannot go up folder).

When its formated as portable media, I get into /emulated/0/ which is internal memory, so all video target the internal memory. I created a folder and saw it created on internal memory. But even there, hitting sync doesn't sync content. Weirdly, I had it working some time ago, byt since I played with the sd card, it started doing that. Now the sd is freshly formated and the tablet, sync only woking for internal.

If I move the app to internal, it stop working completly (browse is empty)

Version 2.5.79

Edited by nodiaque

the app doesn't have permission then. it should do a better job of telling you when you select the folder, but that is almost assuredly the issue.