Library Sync thread has crashed.

mgworek

Angelblue05

Make sure you press ok in the prompt first, otherwise the error doesn't get captured in log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgworek

Is there a way to manually start a sync without resetting the DB so i can try again?

I just rebooted it but error has come up yet. 

What is the sync order for Kodi? I see new movies that got added in the past week but new tv shows aren't there. So it seems it might be crashing on the tv show sync. I only have movies and tv shows.

It is updating the watch status.

mgworek

I reset the DB, movies took normal time to sync not working on tv shows. its on 56 of 334. it is moving very very slow on the shows.

mgworek

I started from scratch and installed the beta. Initial sync Couldn't even get past the A's in movies and it reboot kodi. I remember that was a bug before months ago but was fixed.

Removed everything and installed stable again. Initial sync is running and I will check it in the morning.

Angelblue05

I'm sorry you are having so much difficulties. You probably need to adjust the items requested at once under the sync option in the add-on settings (beta version). Read this post: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29825-error-message-library-thread-has-exited-restart-kodi/?p=286571

Edit: In your last log, your artwork database was locked causing the crash. I corrected this in beta. So you should be able to complete the sync. You just need to adjust the setting to allow your server to respond within 30 seconds (before the connection times out)

Edited by Angelblue05

mgworek

Never mind. I changed the value of  items requested before enabling the plugin so it reset it back to 200. I changed it and will see how it goes.

Just in case here are my crash logs.

Edited by mgworek

Angelblue05

Hmmm. Not good. What device is this? rpi? 

22:39:14 598.466797 T:1091925056  NOTICE: SpawnThread - fatal error creating thread

Are you able to open this link in your browser? http://10.0.1.21:8096/emby/Items/ae236852d995ccdb5e697c4bd405e41d/Images/Backdrop/0?MaxWidth=10000&MaxHeight=10000&Format=original&Tag=f694a101899188826745fae26e6e15a4

Edited by Angelblue05

mgworek

I can. Its a background image for bambi I think.

Yea its a pi 2 model B that has been running great. 

I noticed during 1st sync it was using a lot of CPU on the pi2 off and on. I never looked before so it could be normal during the 1st sync.

My unraid server that is running the Emby docker has 6 cores and 16 gig of ram. CPU usage is normally at around 10% and Memory around the same.

mgworek

Since disabling artwork cache, it is now at 68% of the movies.

I will check on it tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks for all the help!

• Like 1

mgworek

That seemed to do it. It sucks not having the cover art there, makes the pi very slow. I could switch it to list view for now.

If I let it sit there on each section and have it manually download the artwork, will it stay?

mgworek

I enabled artwork cache and rebooted. Its acting like the first sync again but I assume its cause its downloading artwork. It is at 75% right now in the Movies section.

I can check it tonight when I get home but I can also check for a crashlog at work in a few hours.

Edited by mgworek

xnappo

That seemed to do it. It sucks not having the cover art there, makes the pi very slow. I could switch it to list view for now.

If I let it sit there on each section and have it manually download the artwork, will it stay?

You can use this process instead (below my edit saying it is no longer needed :) ):

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21706-how-to-precache-images-using-texturecachepy/

Note the step where you make the config file - on the Pi don't use more than 1 or 2 for number of threads.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

mgworek

You can use this process instead (below my edit saying it is no longer needed :) ):

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21706-how-to-precache-images-using-texturecachepy/

Note the step where you make the config file - on the Pi don't use more than 1 or 2 for number of threads.

xnappo

Thanks for the info but I might be ok now. After turning back on artwork cache and rebooting, I think it went ok. Its been 5-6 hours and there is no crash log and the old.log is from this morning. Unless I am back to square one and there is a warning message waiting for me that the sync crashed again. <fingers crossed>

mgworek

My 2 pi2's using OpenELEC have issues with the image caching, it will crash Kodi and restart it when doing sync actions. This is a Kodi bug but an addon bug.

When did it start for you? Ive been using it for close to a year. I was using Openelec 5.x with Kodi 14 up until maybe 3 months ago when I upgraded it to 6.x with kodi 15 (thanks for the correction) and was good up until earlier this month.

Edited by mgworek

Angelblue05

Yes that is the one. 

22:38:37 561.814270 T:1232872512   ERROR: Open - Unhandled exception
22:38:37 561.814514 T:1232872512   ERROR: Open - Error opening http://10.0.1.21:8096/emby/Items/27921bbc726870bb06f3cb0ae7523516/Images/Backdrop/0?MaxWidth=10000&MaxHeight=10000&Format=original&Tag=7df88b0cc6d3f9aa8b6daa3eaf1e9621

And the url is valid too...