BUG: Timer and scroll bar stop after last time of subtitle

FrostByte
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

FrostByte

Issue description:

When playing a movie with subtitles (external srt is what I'm using) the elapsed time and scroll bar underneath it stop after the last time in subtitle

Steps to reproduce:

Play movie with external subtitle.  Click the info button on remote after the last subtitle is displayed.  Time scroll bar and time elapsed are no longer being updated.

My TV/HTS/BD Player model number:

F8000 with SEK-2000 evokit (2014 H model SmartHub)

My firmware version:

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on:

HTS-F6500W

My Emby server version:

My current Emby Samsung client version:

2.0.5b

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in:

Not sure

Supporting information to include logs and pictures where applicable:

I've attached the srt from one of the movies (The Martian) where the time stopped at 1:21 minutes into the movie which is the time of the last subtitle in attachment

The Martian (2015).eng.forced.zip

Edited by FrostByte

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

Just adding a pic (I know it's a bad pic) of the time stopping using the movie Fantastic Four to help describe problem.  Timer stops in OSD after last time in subtitle (attached).  Current elapsed time should be about 5 minutes later when pic was taken.  Current app version is 2.0.7

56a3f94e07361_WP_20160123_003.jpg

Fantastic Four (2015).eng.forced.zip

• 2 weeks later...
shorty1483

I can also confirm this bevaviour @@cmcg System Specs in Signature, app version 2.1.0c

But I additionally to the stopping of time in scrollbar, I recognized also (even if the movie runs further) this:

1. Emby sends me an E-Mail that User X stopped playback of the movie and displays the stopping notification in Dashboard

2. In Server Dashboard, the TV is not showing the actual play progress, Server dashboard thinks that TV plays nothing

3. When really stopping the movie Dashboard displays the stopping notification in Dashboard again

Very unlucky if the last sub is player after 15 mins :D

Perhaps @@FrostByte can check for this Server Side behaviour also.

Edited by elysium

FrostByte

Just tested it and am seeing the same thing here.  Once the last line in the subtitle plays the Active Devices progress bar in the dashboard stops moving and the message "Username has stopped playing Movie Title" comes up in Recent Activity even though the movie is still playing on the TV.  Then if I hit the stop button on the remote another "Username has stopped playing Movie Title" message is displayed.

The homepage on the webclient itself though seems to show the correct information for resuming, etc

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1