Unable to start Playback of NextPVR Live TV

flexage

flexage

Hi all,

I've been attempting to use the NextPVR pugin for Emby to view Live TV.

NextPVR is installed and configured correctly, I have confirmed that it is working using both the NextPVR app, and via Live TV on one of my Kodi systems.

After configuring the plugin I can see that all of the guide data has populated, and the tuner list shows in full.

I have tried to start live payback of a channel using both the Emby Web Client, and using the Emby Fire TV Client.

In both situations, the video player opens but playback never starts.

Any ideas whats going on here?

The latest server log is attached, with both Emby debug logging, and NextPVR plugin debug logging enabled. There wasn't a relevant FFMPEG transcode log, as I have increased the "Max Streaming Bitrate" setting so that direct playback is preferred. I also previously tried playback with this setting at 4Mbps with no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Log.txt

• Like 1

piejanssens

I'm having the same problem Firefox on Mac and Emby for iOS.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

flexage

@@Luke any ideas? I'm not having any luck with the DVBLink plugin either, and looking at the logs I'm not sure its a plugin specific issue. Recordings play back just fine.

jordy

I haven't been able to play Live TV on the Web interface (Dev branch /Firefox) for a while now. But it plays perfectly on the Win8.1 app.

You can check the stream is working by using vlc and using 'open network stream' to view http://127.0.0.1:8866/live?channel=123(replacing IP addressing and channel number as necessary). If you can watch live tv in NextPVR, them I'm assuming this stream to Emby is working too. After that, the Emby guys will need to investigate what is happening for you on the Emby side (ffmpeg etc).

Edited by sub3

jordy

I can confirm that NextPVR is working just fine by itself. As is viewing a TV stream in the Emby app for Win8.1. I just get a black screen in the web UI. The UI gives the impression that something is playing eg the timeline and pause button appear but no picture appears on the screen. Additionally if I press the Pause button, the Play button appears but it unresponsive. Have to shut down the Play using the X at top right. Been like that for a while...

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

jordy

I can also confirm that transcoding commences correctly on "playing" a TV stream but shutting down the play by pressing "X" does not stop the transcode. I stopped play two minutes ago and its still transcoding...

EDIT: after about 20 minutes transcode was still going strong. However a restart of the Server stopped it.

Edited by jordy

I see a 404 in that log going from the plugin to a next pvr url, so i think there's something in the plugin that needs to be changed.

I see a 404 in that log going from the plugin to a next pvr url, so i think there's something in the plugin that needs to be changed.

Are you or Sven going to take a look at this? If you need any help on the NextPVR side of things, let me know. The Emby logs are all greek to me, but if you have a certain bit where it's calling NextPVR that you want advice on, let me know the url you're calling and I'm happy to help.

Edited by sub3

nevermind i guess the errors are only on artwork. i guess we'll need to see the transcoding log.

jordy

Just updated to Dev .38020 and tried playback of Live TV in Web UI. Still no playback. here are the logs.

Win10

Firefox v43.0

NextPVR Plugin v3.0.5818.38096

NextPVR app v3.5.7

Can't see any 404 errors in the server log but there are a couple of input errors.

cheers

jordy

All good in Chrome v47.0.2526.106 m. played same TV Channel and came up after about 4-5 secs of hitting play.

thanks

jordy

@@sub3 Hi, you said earlier in this thread that you are somewhat knowledgeable on NextPVR stuff. I have question for you regarding the TV Guide provided by NextPVR. My TV service here in Aus is OTA and I understand that the OTA stream also contains MHEG5 data which I'm told contains things like season and episode numbers and also episode names which the default data stream does not. Is there a way in which I can get NextPVR to use MHEG5 instead of the basic/default one? Or can I use something like EPGCollector which does extract the MHEG5 data and import this into Emby or NextPVR

Thanks

@@sub3 Hi, you said earlier in this thread that you are somewhat knowledgeable on NextPVR stuff. I have question for you regarding the TV Guide provided by NextPVR. My TV service here in Aus is OTA and I understand that the OTA stream also contains MHEG5 data which I'm told contains things like season and episode numbers and also episode names which the default data stream does not. Is there a way in which I can get NextPVR to use MHEG5 instead of the basic/default one? Or can I use something like EPGCollector which does extract the MHEG5 data and import this into Emby or NextPVR

Thanks

MHEG apps don't carry season/episode numbers, so they're not available in the MHEG data. They carry season "CRID" identifiers, which look like "/SNZ10174274". ie, they're just big unique identifiers, but don't actually carry the human readible season/episode numbers you're thinking of. They can be used by recorders to tell one season from another, but no way to tell it's (for example) "season 4".

When it comes to extracting season/episode numbers from the DVB/MHEG listings, apps like EPGCollector can only give you season episode numbers that it can identify/extract in the show description.

If you can get better info from xmltv (whether source from DVB like EPG Collector, or internet service like IceTV), then you can of course configure NextPVR to use your xmltv files.

Edited by sub3

SHSPVR
jordy, on 04 Jan 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

Thanks

He should be knowledgeable on NextPVR if it the same Sub on NextPVR then he worte the software.

CalypsoCowboy

I had a similar problem, not sure if it will help, but in the NextPVR app, there is a setting for a live tv buffer directory, I'm at work, so not sure where it it exactly, but that directory didn't exist on my NextPVR server, so I created that directory. Once the directory was there, I was able to watch live tv. Might be something to look at. 

-Josh

jordy

Well I always said its best to go straight to the top [emoji3]

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by jordy