Media player controls in web client

diaz1510

diaz1510

Any way we can get more features on the media control within the web client?  MAinly I'de love to see the slider bar become larger...maybe take up the entire length of the screen.  Its just too small to get to a specific place in a video and if it was wider, getting to a specific place in the media would be easier.  Also, maybe add FF, Rewind feature where it would jump to the next/previous "chapter".  Just seems the controls are so limited..

• 1 month later...
diaz1510

Just wondering if this is something that would be helpful for anyone else.  The slider bar at the bottom extending the entire length of the screen would be an awesome feature.  There's a lot of unused space there and would make it easier when looking for a specific part of the video when needing to.  Currently, I can't seem to move the slider any tighter than a 30-40 second gap (this obviously depends on the total length of the media, I understand).  But being able to pinpoint a more specific area of the video would be great.  I'm no programmer but I couldn't see how it would hurt to just spread that out a bit.

Thanks.

+1 I've tried WMC. Genres don't work. Tried theater. Bugs cause flashing on the sides after minimizing the window plus window doesn't resize to tv screen. Finally able to use the browser version, but Firefox stutters. Only works good in Chrome. And lack of any controls really sucks. Right now I'm glad I paid for only 1 year.

+1 I've tried WMC. Genres don't work. Tried theater. Bugs cause flashing on the sides after minimizing the window plus window doesn't resize to tv screen. Finally able to use the browser version, but Firefox stutters. Only works good in Chrome. And lack of any controls really sucks. Right now I'm glad I paid for only 1 year.

Lack of controls is a bit of an overstatement. The video player has audio tracks, subtitles, quality options, visual scene selection, etc. The audio player has all the typical media controls.

AdrianW

+1 I've tried WMC. Genres don't work. 

Is a Genre view that important?

One way to enable a Genre view in EMC is to go to config > Legacy Browsing > then check Legacy Browsing and Show Movies Genre Folder (these settings within EMC itself).

• 2 weeks later...
diaz1510

Yeah, I'm still not converted to anything but the web client.  For me person ally, it's the best UI, but sucks that it has to transcode...anyway, as for the controls, my main concern is really just increasing the width of the progress bar, so that I can place the video more accurately.  As stated above, I can't move the slider any more accurate than maybe 30 seconds or so...kinda for those "wait...what did he say?" or "wait, did you just see that?" moments, lol

Edited by diaz1510

Actually the web client with Chrome is quite robust now. As long as your source content is h264 and the bitrate isn't too high for your connection then we just stream copy the original video as-is. it's really quite nice.