Connection refused

Pitchshift

Pitchshift

Unable to access my Emby library from over the internet. It was working fine and recently stopped working. I have created a rule for the default port TCP/UDP in/out 8096 on both my router and my firewall. I have tested this with the firewall turned off too and have also re-installing Emby server but it is still not working.

I installed Plex just to give that a test and that works fine.

Logs: http://xbmclogs.com/pzmhmj8le

Emby Server Version: 3.0.5781.3

Any ideas?

Edited by Pitchshift

Pitchshift

Seems to be working via the Android app and Emby.Media site now. Still unable to connect to it via my external IP for some reason though.

Hi, is the external IP you're testing with the same one that's displayed on the front page of the server dashboard under external access? that is the address that is used with emby connect. You might want to take a look at our wiki on connectivity which goes over some troubleshooting scenarios:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

• Like 1

Pitchshift

Yes it is using the external address displayed on the dashboard. The external section on the link doesn't really say much.

As mentioned though I have forwarded ports on my router and open the ports on my firewall. I've noticed the Android app has stopped working again today.

Seems intermittently I am unable to connect via Emby Android and not at all via the external IP.

Pitchshift

I've managed to get it working. My router (Zyzel VMG8924-B10A) has a firewall setting to only allow Lan to Wan connections. I adjusted it to allow Wan to Lan connections as well (turning the slider down to Low).

5661a89dac006_Capture.jpg

• Like 1