Empty Music View

SamES
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I'm running server version 3.0.5781.3 on Windows.

I have a user which does not have access to my Music Library.

In this case, an Empty Music view is still presented to the user.

If there are no items, the View should not be created.

565a50316ac25_Music.png

Happy2Play

Have you tried refreshing the browser cache?  I just disabled Music access to a user and when logging in I wasn't presented with Music on my home screen.

Have you tried refreshing the browser cache?  I just disabled Music access to a user and when logging in I wasn't presented with Music on my home screen.

Yes, I've tried this.

If I untick all my Libraries in the Users View configuration, then refresh the page, the empty Music View disappears.  If I then select my Libraries again under the User Views,the empty Music Library comes back.

Can you please try this by checking that your Libraries are checked in the View settings, then refresh to see if you end up with an empty Music View?

565a6060b6296_Views.png

Happy2Play

Sorry I don't see this.  My View is grouping and ungroup libraries.  Access is Users-select user-Access.  If the user doesn't have access to music it won't display in Music at all in My Views.

Sorry I don't see this.  My View is grouping and ungroup libraries.  Access is Users-select user-Access.  If the user doesn't have access to music it won't display in Music at all in My Views.

Yes, I understand this.  The user doesn't have access to the library, however if Grouping is enabled, an empty Music View is still produced when it shouldn't be.

Edited by SamES

Happy2Play

That's the thing though grouping doesn't exist if there is no access.

logged in as admin/manage user

Disabled user access to Music via Users-username Me-Access

Logged in as user ME and My Views doesn't list music at all nor display on homescreen.

I see the same thing, My Views doesn't list my Music library either, but if I enable My Views for another of my Libraries (which doesn't contain any Music), an empty Music View still gets created

I've just tried this with a newly created user to make sure the user is not corrupt.

Try these steps:

• Create a new user.
  • Give the user access to only a single Library that does not contain music.
  • In User settings, My Views, select the singe Library.  Save
  • Go back to the Home Screen/refresh.
  • Check if a Music View now exists.  It probably will and should be empty.

Thanks for persisting with this.

Happy2Play

Sorry followed those exact steps and can't reproduce, user only had TV access.

• Like 1

Sorry followed those exact steps and can't reproduce, user only had TV access.

Thanks.  Sounds like its time for me to load up a fresh install on another machine and try to reproduce this.

Ok, so I've done a fresh install of the same server version (stable) on a new machine.

I've added a small library and a single user.

It appears that my original problem only occurs if the Library type is 'Unset (mixed content)'.  In this case, when My Views are enabled for the Library, it appears that all three default views (TV, Movies, Music) are created regardless of the content.  If there is no content for the relevant view, an empty View is produced for that View type.

Not sure if this is a bug or by design.  Maybe @@Luke can clarify now that I can confirm this and reproduce it on a fresh install.

Edited by SamES

• Solution

it's all being revamped for a future release. in the future there will be no more grouping settings for music anyway, so in the meantime i would just turn off the grouping in their user profile settings.

• Like 1