AFTV audio options

thefarmer

thefarmer

Hi,

Just bought myself a fire stick (so 2 gen) and am giving Emby a go.

I'm currently trying to find out how I can enable AC3 audio...all I can get is PCM 2.0.

My amp is definitely compatible, and I can receive AC3 on television stick with plex. The stick is connected directly in to the amp, not the TV.

When playing a video I can see a speaker icon, but all that allows me to do is select which track. Setting button back at the home screen doesn't seem to have any audio options either.

Any advice?

Thanks.

I can receive AC3 on television stick with plex. 

Can you further explain that statement?  What is "television stick"?

thefarmer

Hi...sorry...predictive text.  Amazon Fire TV stick is what i actually mean.

I've read through a number of posts, and I'm not sure if i'm supposed to be getting DD, DTS, multichannel PCM etc.  I seem to only ever get 2 channel pcm through...I've tried various options around transcoding etc, but nothing seems to make a difference.  So, the question is, am i missing something somewhere?

Like I mentioned in my first post, I can get plex outputting AC3, (DTS is encoded to AC3, but that works as well).  Am keen to get Emby up and running as it looks much smarter.

thnx.

Edited by thefarmer

Currently there is a problem with DD on the regular Fire TV so we are forcing it to stereo right now.  It is possible this isn't necessary on the stick and there is also an update for the regular Fire FW/OS due out today that is supposed to address the problem on their end.  So, you'll need to try this with the next version of our app.