Change language on web client

Bonfi

Hi all,

I'm having some problem with the playback of movies with more than one audio track.

The tracks are correctly shown in the movie page under "Media Info" (in this case the first track is "und" but I don't care):

5659a1562e7cf_1.png

I can also see them on the list menu when I play the video:

5659a1f2c0f56_2.png

But when I try to change it, it doesn't work, the playback freeze for a second and then restart with the same audio track. I tried on several browsers, all with the same result.

It works on the mobile app (Android) if the playback is on the device, if I try to control another device from the smartphone (chromecast or web client) it doesn't work.

If I download the movie on my pc with VLC I'm able to change the audio track.

I'm using emby server Version 3.0.5781.3 on Linux Ubuntu 14.04.

If you need any log, tell me what you want and I'll be glad to collect it.

Thanks in advance,

Bonfi

djonnie

Your webbrowser can Direct Play your mp4 file. When using Direct Play you cannot change the audio track in the Web Client.

When you would force the Web Client to transcode your file, you would be able to change the audio track.

See this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/22974-webm-file-with-multiple-audio-streams/?hl=%2Bwebm+%2Bswitch

Your webbrowser can Direct Play your mp4 file. When using Direct Play you cannot change the audio track in the Web Client.

When you would force the Web Client to transcode your file, you would be able to change the audio track.

See this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/22974-webm-file-with-multiple-audio-streams/?hl=%2Bwebm+%2Bswitch

I did a research before posting, and I even saw your post, but I wasn't sure it's the same problem.

I tried right now to force the transcoding, and it works, but unfortunately my server isn't powerful enough to transcode in real time.. That's why I transcode everything before adding to emby.

Hi, we can look at why the track change is failing. For playback issues please see how to report a problem.

At this point I'm not sure if I have to report the problem.. 

In the direct play scenario, although the browser can play your file, the browser video players do not support changing audio tracks. The good news is that this feature is listed on the chromestatus.com roadmap. Until then you'll have to rely on transcoding though.