Save transcoded copy?

legallink

legallink

Question, is it possible to save the transcoded copy of a movie once it has been played or during it's play to save a copy?  Aka, to minimize future transcodes.

legallink

So, I set up a folder sync plugin, but how do I tell it to save every transcode that it does?  Or do I need to set up a new sync for each file?  We've played a few movies, but  nothing has been saved yet.

Deihmos

I didn't even know that's what folder sync was about. I thought it was cloud storage. I'll have to look into this.

Edited by Deihmos

legallink

That's what I thought. You have to set up a sync job for each piece of media. I was hoping it would make a copy once a piece of media was requested to be played so it was only transcoded once.

Anyways thanks for the tips Luke. I appreciate the response regardless.

Edited by legallink

Koleckai Silvestri

That's what I thought. You have to set up a sync job for each piece of media. I was hoping it would make a copy once a piece of media was requested to be played so it was only transcoded once.

Anyways thanks for the tips Luke. I appreciate the response regardless.

The biggest problem with just saving the "Transcode File" is that it isn't a single file. It is many files that are 8 to 20 seconds in length. Each file is then fed to the stream one at a time.