Wake on LAN doesn't work

deanhatescoffee

deanhatescoffee

I have never been able to successfully wake my server PC from either the Emby Android app or the web app. I've tried connecting via WiFi and mobile network, neither works. I'm connecting via Emby Connect. Is there a guide that explains how to enable this functionality? I thought it was basically automatic as long as my network card's power settings are set up properly via Device Manager (I have ""Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" unchecked, "Allow this device to wake the computer" checked, and "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer" checked [though I've tried leaving the magic packet unchecked to no avail]). Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

The support in android is pretty limited at the moment, yes, but just so we're clear, the web version cannot support this as web apps aren't able to send out broadcasts.

deanhatescoffee

Good to know that the web version would never wake the PC. Do you have a recommendation for a good WoL Android app? There are several in the Play Store but I'd rather get a recommendation from someone in the Emby community if possible.

deanhatescoffee

I have used this for android the last two three years. Works great for wake on lan and wake on wan too

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.benfinnigan.wol

Follow up question, do you use a DNS account for your IP/domain? I've used DuckDNS and No-IP most recently but I don't have anything set up currently.