iOS Live TV

pr3dict

pr3dict

So its not crashing persay by making the entire server to literally stop the process but it is causing other devices to be unable to view content.

I see this when I try to view live TV. For whatever reason the tuner is selected but it will not stream to the Ipad. THEN anytime I try to stream any other content to any other device it just does not play. 

It's really weird and I don't know why its happening. 

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Server log.txt

transcode log.txt

Edited by pr3dict

Hi, sorry. A couple people have reported this, but I haven't been able to reproduce. I'll keep testing it.

I can also add to this issue.  Not sure what causes it...maybe a clash with other software?  But it's just as described.  Try to do something with TV (on any device for me - web, iOS, etc) and whole server "freezes".  Just EMBY.  The worst is, doing a shutdown or reboot of emby doesn't work.  Going into windows and quitting and reloading emby doesn't work.  It requires a whole computer reboot. Really weird.  All my other programs continue to work, however.

Additional info: it happens despite the Tuner plugin.  I have an HDHomeRun Prime.  It happens if I use the builtin Emby plugin, WMC Plugin, or NEXT PVR plugin. 

Some other transcoders on the Windows 7 x64 Ultimate PC: 

Air Video

Air Video HD

Hope any of this info can help. 

I can also add to this issue.  Not sure what causes it...maybe a clash with other software?  But it's just as described.  Try to do something with TV (on any device for me - web, iOS, etc) and whole server "freezes".  Just EMBY.  The worst is, doing a shutdown or reboot of emby doesn't work.  Going into windows and quitting and reloading emby doesn't work.  It requires a whole computer reboot. Really weird.  All my other programs continue to work, however.

Additional info: it happens despite the Tuner plugin.  I have an HDHomeRun Prime.  It happens if I use the builtin Emby plugin, WMC Plugin, or NEXT PVR plugin. 

Some other transcoders on the Windows 7 x64 Ultimate PC: 

Air Video

Air Video HD

Hope any of this info can help. 

I'm having the same problem except for one small difference.  Using the WMC Plugin seems to be a tiny bit more stable than using the Live TV functionality built in to Emby Server.  When I use WMC Plugin, I can go a day or so without any problems, no freezing, it will release the tuners, etc.  But when I switch to the Live TV within Emby Server it never works, not for a second.  And then I have to restart everything, including my HDHR Prime unit.