Movie poster wall doesn't scale to 4k

pclausen

pclausen

It seems that the movie poster wall is limited to a max of 10 columns as seen here:

embyweb01.JPG

When I make the browser window full screen, the movie posters gets proportionally larger instead of more columns being added as seen here:

embyweb02.JPG

It would be great if the code could be modified so that on a 4k monitor, 20 columns for movie posters would be allowed.

Edited by pclausen

It does scale to that resolution it just doesn't do exactly what you want :).  Typically, a higher resolution screen like that would be viewed from a distance (i.e. a TV) so the larger posters are the proper thing to do in that case.

pclausen

This is my desktop monitor, so my viewing distance is 2-3 feet.  I'd like to have 120 or so movie posters on the screen at once.  This would allow me to inspect for missing/wrong/low rez images mcuh faster than with only 60 ish posters at a time.

I don't know why anyone would want to use a web browser interface on a real TV instead of something like Emby Theater.

The way it works right now, if I make my browser window with Emby movie poster view really small, it scales down the 3 columns worth of posters.  Then as I slowly increase the window size, the posters scale larger and larger, and then it "pops" and a 4th column is added.  This keeps repeating until I get the 10 columns.  From this point on, the "pops" stop and the posters just keep getting larger and larger.  This 10 column limit can only be observed on displays with a resolution larger than 1920x1080/1200.

What I'd like to see, is that this "popping" continues past 10 columns.  Right after each "pop" the resolution of each poster is right around 200 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall.  So in a full screen browser window @ 4k, it would be nice if each movie poster could still be around 200x300 pixels.

Edited by pclausen

Koleckai Silvestri

You can probably change this using custom CSS and a new media query for your higher resolution. The media query should allow you to show smaller images and get more cards per row. However it can't make it so you show more than 100 images per screen.

pclausen

Thanks, I'll try to play with that.

Yeah, the recently hard coded 100 images per screen is another pet peeve of mine.  It used to be that you could select between 100 and 500 per screen, but now that option has been removed.  Why?