Refresh IP Address

dravokivich
Go to solution Solved by Koleckai Silvestri,

dravokivich

Hi All,

I've recently moved back to my folks. After modifying the static IP on my server to match my parents network, EMBY doesn't seem to be updating the Local Access IP address for the server. 

I can't seem to find an option anywhere to either configure it, or force a refresh.

The static IP for my server is currently 192.168.0.17.

But EMBY seems to recognise it as the old IP 192.168.192.27.

I made this change a few months ago. The server has been rebooted, several times yet EMBY doesn't seem to update.

EMBY Ver: Version 3.0.5781.3

why do you think it's recognizing it as that? this information is not saved anywhere, it is queried from the system's network interface

dravokivich

1- I reinstalled the emby addon for Kodi this evening, im prompted with the old IP address to connect to.

2- when I'm on the server settings for emby that displays the IP addresses, it displays the old one.

dravokivich

Screen shot attached. 

Showing EMBY displaying it's Local IP Address.

WIth a CMD window open highlighting the IP Address when doing IPConfig /all.

Just to note, the remote address appears to have updated correctly.

post-4804-0-17196400-1448493498_thumb.jpg

Edited by dravokivich

Screen shot attached. 

Showing EMBY displaying it's Local IP Address.

WIth a CMD window open highlighting the IP Address when doing IPConfig /all.

Just to note, the remote address appears to have updated correctly.

Hi, best guess would be the browser cache as the address bar displays localhost:8096 try the actual ip address or the PC name:8096 that will probably solve it.

dravokivich

Hi,

Did it with the IP Address of the server and EMBY still seems to be displaying the old IP. No different with the name either.

Also, doubt it can be the browser cache if the EMBY addon for Kodi is also trying to connect to the old IP. There seems to be something that's telling EMBY it should be on  http://192.168.192.27.

post-4804-0-44504100-1448562401_thumb.jpg

Edited by dravokivich

Hi,

Did it with the IP Address of the server and EMBY still seems to be displaying the old IP. No different with the name either.

Also, doubt it can be the browser cache if the EMBY addon for Kodi is also trying to connect to the old IP. There seems to be something that's telling EMBY it should be on  http://192.168.192.27.

Hm!! but your address is pointing to a mediabrowser install..

Ok yours <ip address>:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/dashboard.html

Mine <ip address>:8096/web/index.html

perhaps there is a config file or something that's 'floating around' (apologies for analogy) that Emby is still using......apologies I thought it was something as simple as the browser cache.

dravokivich

Yeah, From Media Browser 3 that got upgraded to EMBY. 

Although I'd expect a large set of the user base went through that as well.

Latchmor

Yeah, From Media Browser 3 that got upgraded to EMBY. 

Although I'd expect a large set of the user base went through that as well.

I'm one of those users. Been using since MB3 started but I have the /web/index.html that geaves mentions so not sure why yours is using the old pages...

What happens if you try <ip address>:8096/web/index.html ?

dravokivich

The refresh circle just keeps rolling. Doesn't seem to load the Server page, nor time out nor, present a connection failure.

Happy2Play

Did you get that when you clicked on the link in the dashboard?

Something on the server/computer is holding that ip address,  maybe a (ipconfig /flushdns).

dravokivich

By clicking on the link in the dashboard.

Hmmm it doesn't present the old IP when doing ipconfig /all. 

None the less I've done a ipconfig /flushdns and restarted the EMBY server. Will wait and see what's presented when it comes up.

Edit:

Still displays with old IP.

I take it not too many assign a static IP to their server or had a need to change it after doing so, so?

This seems to affect anything that works off an Auto Discovery type of thing. The EMBY android App lists my server as available, but does not allow me to connect to it. UNfortunately I can't seem to see what it thinks the IP address should be. But as EMBY for Kodi is seeking 192.168.192.27 I'm assuming the android app is looking for the same IP too.

Edit 2:

Found log file on my phone. the EMBY android app is also attempting to connect to 192.168.192.27 as the local address.

Edited by dravokivich

Happy2Play

Have you tried clearing your browser cache (Ctrl+F5)?  Tested, no matter what IP I changed my server to statically, it changed via the dashboard after refreshing the browser cache.

Follow up...

I entered http://192.168.0.17:8096

It eventually went to http://192.168.0.17:8096/web/login.html

Upon selecting my profile took me to http://192.168.0.17:8096/web/dashboard.html

But the old IP http://192.168.192.27. still displays in the Server Information box.

Hm!! I would agree with others this still points to the browser cache.

Ok if it finally went to 192.168.0.17:8096/web/login.html you should be greeted with the user login screen (at least it does on Edge and my Emby is on a Linux box) what happens if you select the Emby user rather than your own user profile.

Browser cache is not relevant here. This value is not stored anywhere in the browser or on the server. It's all queried from the system's network interface

• Solution
Koleckai Silvestri

If you go into Network and Sharing, do you have multiple network interfaces installed? If so, delete the ones you are not using. If you can connect via Ethernet and WiFi, try turning WiFi off to see if it changes.

• Like 1

Good day,

May I suggest to go to network and disable that nic, then re enable it, just for testing, then start the emby server and check if that solve the issue.

BTW, shutdown the emby server before you do the step above.

My best

I dont know if this is relevant but I had an issue when I tried out kodi - it always shoed the wront IP address in the Kodi system settings - it would always pick up the wrong IP address (the shipped default IP address), so nothing would connect.  My Emby was working fine however - I tried shed loads of things but in the end it turned out to be the windows binding order.  I had multiple VPN's to many other systems so many virtual TAP adapters.  See this :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/change-network-protocol-bindings-order#1TC=windows-7

I changed it so my ethernet port is first in the list, then rebooted and kodi then always worked fine.