People refresh don´t work

Schimi

Version 3.0.5781.3

I have noticed that i don´t have any bio or photos from actors etc....

if i search manually... so i can see the pictures and download them... but the task do "nothing"

they are many errors in the log...

i deleted the metadata and cache folder to check.... but it still don´t work

i compressed the log file because it 19mb

server-63584006400.7z

• Like 6

Happy2Play

Is it possible with Emby to use a personal API key for TMDB - this would reduce the possibility of limits due to too many requests...

Emby is using its own API key already.

Xzener

Ha! Was just wondering about this... I had a movie (Im sure there are many others) without a cast. IMDB shown a cast, but the refresh people scheduled task does not pull the new info/images. Doing so manually within the individual movie works... So is this a problem where we need to do it manually for every movie?!?!

Here is a log with a clean server restart, a refresh people triggered, and a couple manual refresh people info/images...

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F3482751812A49F0!2137&authkey=!AD09dV2kM_GcAr0&ithint=file%2ctxt​

Hopefully this can be resolved, looking through my collection, I have MANY titles without cast/crew info/images.

Edited by Xzener

mtnsteve

I thought it was just me....After a clean install of W10 4 days ago I now have the same issue. Previously when installing Emby (5781.1, I believe) I could refresh people manually and it would take an hour or so but all the info and images was there for all my movies. Now it runs 15 to 40 seconds and stops at 100%. The longest it has run was when it was first installed and I let it update automatically at 3:00 am and that ran only a few minutes. I have left it on 24/7 for 4 days now and I still have only 1 or 2 images of cast members showing, most movies show no images at all. At least the info shows up now.

• Like 1

I have the same problem after a new installation,

not possible to have the images of actors, one must do it manually, but we have more than 1,500 movies it's blowing!

Please the developers, settle the problem.

Thank you a thousand times. :)

The best thing to do with the people refresh is avoid watching the log file, and just be patient and let the scheduled task do it's work. It's a nightly task, and it will retry failures, so if you just let it go then it should work just fine.

Xzener

I have recently done a fresh rebuild of metadata and images... People seem to have been redone too. The people refresh issue Im having isn't a simple "be patient and let the scheduled task do it's work". It simply is not fetching people for any of my movies. New movies are fine, people are fetched via metadata and after the people system task runs, images are populated. With the rest of the collection that had been recently rebuilt... People will not populate unless done manually per movie. Make sense?

• Like 1

Xzener

Then why are we having this conversation?? It's been weeks since my data/images rebuild... The scheduled task is not working correctly. You are right, no user interaction is required for "NEW" movies added. It's the movies that have been in my collection for years that require manual interaction.

Happy2Play

I had a movie (Im sure there are many others) without a cast

Then why are we having this conversation?? It's been weeks since my data/images rebuild... The scheduled task is not working correctly. You are right, no user interaction is required for "NEW" movies added. It's the movies that have been in my collection for years that require manual interaction.

If the first quote is true, a the refresh people task is useless.  The task relies on the metadata to have the cast and crew to be present in metadata.

So do these older movies have cast/crew in the metadata (actor tag in nfo / people in xml)? 

• Like 1

Xzener

I understand... Which is why I just waged an all out WAR on my server last night. I have the "no people" situation under control now. I've gone from approximately 5% people population up to 90%+... With no clear reason for why. I've changed fetchers around, checked/unchecked "lock people" from updating, scan library, update people, you name it... Over and over trying different things. All I can honestly say is when checking the "lock" people from updating, and after a library scan, the update people task took considerably longer and saw movies without people suddenly populate. So I've gone from Owen Wilson being in one movie, to starring in multiple movies. Sorry @@Schimi, I have no fix for you... Just don't be patient and wait, go impatient and ape shite on your server to actually do it's job.

Good luck.

• Like 1

hifiaudio2

Yeah who knows what the fix is to this issue.  Been going on for a long time.  I have movies that are months old that don't have all of the actors.  And these are well known actors.  Refreshing manually per actor always works immediately. 

hifiaudio2

Would metadata reader order have anything to do with it?  Emby XML has always been above NFO for me.  Or should I disable one or the other?  Is that a right or wrong selection there?   Should I have both?

Happy2Play

So is the issue missing cast and crew from movies/tv or cast and crew are present but with generic icon with no metadata?

So I've gone from Owen Wilson being in one movie, to starring in multiple movies.

This is a movie/tv metadata issue not a people refresh issue.  Probably from the bug a few months ago that removed people for all media.  And the only fix for that is to Refresh all your media to allow the missing metadata to be rewritten.

hifiaudio2

I am sure this has been posted,  but how do you do a proper full refresh?  Do I need to delete specific files from every movie and TV folder first?  And then where in Emby can I tell it to do the right kind of refresh?

Thanks!

Happy2Play

You shouldn't need to delete previous metadata, all I did was a library level Refresh-add Missing metadata only. (Metadata Manager-select a library)

Redshirt

Joining this conversation late. I've been seeing similar with my fresh install. A lot of actors didn't download images. They have metadata, just no images. If I edit the images with the web UI, I see that there are images to choose from on TheMovieDB and TheTVDB. Both providers are enabled for people in the metadata section of the dashboard. I've manually refreshed my root folders from the metadata editor to correct some missing actor/media associations and that didn't pick up any images. The people refresh task has run numerous times in the weeks since this install and the missing images remain. So far the only way they're populating is if I manually select them in the image editor. 

mtnsteve

There is obviously a problem here and being told to simply wait and the images will be downloaded is disingenuous at best. I just checked and I only have images for about 5% of all my movies. Why this is only now happening has not been explained. People refresh is useless, it no longer works...period.

Ian-Highlander

15,000 jpgs for people in the metadata/people folder and 41,000 person.xml files. Number of jpgs downloaded hasn't changed in weeks other than a few we started to add manually until we realised we needed 25,000 odd...

Happy2Play

An impossible manual task   :)  77,328 jpgs and 197,425 xmls.  But I know those numbers will never be equal.