Windows 10 Network Permissions for OpenELEC

miztermike

miztermike

I'm hoping someone can please help me get my Windows 10 network share working again. I'm running Emby Server on Windows and connecting to it via a custom built OpenELEC box.

After upgrading to Windows 10 a few months ago, the only way to get the network permissions to work successfully was to follow this guide: http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-10-network-share-access.html

Everything was working fine until this morning when I used a PC cleaner utility, which find and fixed a lot of registry errors, etc. Now the guest account is being blocked/denied (see attachment) and even when I reset all the permissions, reboot and make the changes again; OpenELEC says my files do not exist. I even tried restoring the registry backup with no success.

Everything else is working perfectly. Emby is updating OpenELEC and everything is syncing correctly. The only thing that's wrong is actually opening the media files.

I'm so over Windows 10, but there must be a way to setup the permissions correctly to allow OpenELEC to access my shared drives.

post-59383-0-57872600-1448430580_thumb.jpg

miztermike
I managed to find a permanent fix.

All I needed to do was create a passwords.xml and paste the below code:

<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://SERVER/</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://USER:PASSWORD@SERVER/</to>
</path>
</passwords>

In case your new to openelec (like me) you save the passwords.xml file in the userdata directory on your OpenELEC box.

• Like 1