Not seeing all Movies

kolbasz

kolbasz

So, I am thinking this is something I am doing wrong on my end, but I am not sure what really.

I have my media defined, Albums, Kids Movies, Movies and TV shows.

When synced to Kodi, I see everything but Kids Movies.

I started to poke around on my server, under Media Library, Kids Movies is defined OK.  If I go to the main Home screen, I see, Albums, Collections, Movies, TV

If I go into Movies and look for the movie it is not there and likely why it is not synced to Kodi.

I then go to metadata manager and under there, I see my Kids Movies section listed and under it it lists the movies I expect to see.

Any idea why this my not be appearing in my Library?  Should I remove the library and add it back maybe?  I hope it is an easy fix as the kids are looking for their movies.  This is something that used to work as I remember seeing the movies.  I am currently running Version 3.0.5781.0

Thanks

Angelblue05

You have to verify in your user preferences. In the emby webclient > user icon > settings > home settings > My views, can you grab a screenshot?

kolbasz

I dont have a screenshot, but, I can tell you that kids movies appears there and it is checked, all the way down the page through the various sections

Vidman

Yea so if the read those options you will see that you should uncheck kids movies under my views so that they will not be gouped ie shown as their own separate folder

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

kolbasz

Or create kids movies tag in Kodi?  or is that not possible at all?

I am asking since even in the kodi app/plugin, there is no way to see those videos.

If I can keep it separate, that would be sweet.

thanks.  just trying to figure out my options

Angelblue05

To fix your issue:

1. Separate your views because currently, Kids movies is grouped under Movies in emby.

2. Reset your database, let your content resync. Now the add-on will create a Kids movies tag and you'll be able to have two homescreen menus: Movies, Kids Movies

kolbasz

OK, so by separate you mean uncheck kids movies so it is not grouped under "movies, music and tv"?

That part makes sense. The part that doesn't is that with it checked, I would expect kids movies to appear under movies, which it does not. . They just are not there, anywhere.

Angelblue05

Oh, you said they also don't show up in your emby webclient? Hmm, that's odd? Perhaps a bug? It should display them under the Movies entry in the webclient if they are grouped. If they are not grouped, then it should have it's own entry under Home.

Is the account perhaps restricted from accessing Kids movies? In the emby dashboard > users > user > Access.

kolbasz

OK, unchecked I see the movies. In the Web interface they have their own section. On kodi they are mixed in with the movies.

If I check the box. The dissappear from the home page, no special section. The movies section drops to the counties see in kodi and the movie is not found. They also disappear from. Kodi after a sync.

So, not sure if that means there is a bug on the server or not, seems odd and the likely source since the issue also appears to exist in the webui.

The only place in the webui they appear is under the metadata section.

kolbasz

OK, just trying to figure this out.  Do I want to check kids movies or have it unchecked.  

If it is checked, I do not even see it in the emby web console or kodi.

If I search for a movie in the section in the web console, I can find it, but that is the only way to find it.  Searching in kodi does not find it.

If I click "#" I see 695 movies, which is the movies without the kids stuff.

If I then go and uncheck kids movies in setting, then they show up everywhere, with their own section in the webgui.  In kodi they simply fall under movies.

I am trying to understand what behavior I should come to expect.

In the end, I want to be able to open just kids movies in kodi after setting custom tag, but even without that, I figured I should still see them in the general tag of movies when kids movies is checked in the home page settings.

If this is inaccurate, please let me know, but I wanted to be sure I am doing things right and that emby was working as opposed to me just applying a band-aide.

Angelblue05

If you want your kids movies separated from your regular movies, then you want the option unchecked. Once you do that, you need to reset your library in kodi so that when it imports your kids movie, they are tagged differently. Then you should see both entries under video add-ons > emby > movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kolbasz

Yes, I understand that to separate them I need to uncheck, that part makes sense now.

The part that doesn't is that if it is checked, I do not see the media, anywhere. It simply does not appear in kodi or the emby Web client.

Angelblue05

If they are checked, they should appear under Movies in emby. In Kodi, you'd probably need to reset your database to see them also appear under Movies playlist.

Edit: if you don't see your kids movies in embywebclient > movies when checked, that's not normal.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ask in the server forums. So your issue can be seen by the right people. Maybe post some screenshots of your library settings.