Double episodes/movies or none?

robwiel

Hi, bought supporter acc but still having problems with sync.

main machine is win 10 it has both kodi with plugin and emby server, 

I have rasp pi 2 with emby plugin connected to same server

my data is initially done through kodi scrappers and I want it to stay that way, so I figured that just adding emby will keep data exactly like that

1 big issue if I dont add folder to emby server manually \\ds\files\media\movies\ then nothing is on media server, but if I add it - then I have double entries i.e., exactly 2 sets of movies, 1 set has all my data including watched, etc. but second is done by emby,

ideas?

regards,

R

\\DS\Files\Media\Video\Movies\moviename\movietitle.ext

however in windows machine I map it to

z:\Movies\...

path subst should work but there simply nothing starts happening until I add folder in emby - which is scrubbed automatically. Then I have sync across machines and both double entries do work.

shouldnt addon for kodi just add folders to emby library itself?

Hi, unfortunately this is not really enough information to help you. let's just start with the web interface. does everything look normal there? If not, then please try to provide more detail, including folder screenshots. Thanks.

Vidman

So you have cleared and reset the databases on each kodi device after installing the addon right?

Because it sounds like you may not have done this?

Edited by Vidman

Hi, thanks for replies, I'll add screenshots Today.

Everything I add directly through media server works on both devices without any issues (though being without my metadata and "watched" info).

However I did not found way to sync my current local kodi DB which I was hoping kodi emby plugin on windows would do.

Please clarify do I really need to start from the scratch or can I keep my current DB and kodi emby plugin is supposed to load data from kodi DB into emby server and I miss some step to do so.

regards

R

At this point I'm not really sure what the problem so i can't really offer any guidance. Once we've seen and learned more about what's going on then I'm sure we'll have some suggestions.

Hi, 

Related files in link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1e4s8a0mp05lnye/AABpv24l1jay2fLAo_3uWADKa?dl=0

png 1 - showing media library from web serv - I added manually trailer folder [sYNCS FINE]

png 2 - emby plugin in windows kodi config - almost default, server is on same windows kodi machine

png 3 - one of kodi folders scrapped by kodi in local db

png 4 - screen of that movie folder showing couple of watched movies and 1 unwatched [does not sync from kodi to emby - no trace of it on png 1 nor any of my other devices]

log of server from Today log.txt

If you could explain if I can/how make kodi plugin load local kodi database into emby. Or I need to start from empty DB.

Added path subst

Z:\Media\Video\Movies\ \\ds\Files\Media\Video\Movies\

Hmm indeed seems I need full reset of DB, is there a workaround?

Like adding to kodi advancedsettings to resume/watched to be read from info file

Exporting db as multiple files to respective folders 

Resetting

Rescanning from emby

Edited by robwiel

Vidman

The emby for kodi addon replaces your kodi database. ..you must reset the kodi database for it to function correctly

The addon only writes to the kodi database..it doesn't read from it. ..you must set up emby exactly how you want it then the addon will import everything to kodi.

Yes if you set kodi to export library to your media folders emby will import that info

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

Vidman

At this point I'm not really sure what the problem so i can't really offer any guidance. Once we've seen and learned more about what's going on then I'm sure we'll have some suggestions.

the issue is they have kodi locally importing the same media files as the emby addon is syncing

Vidman

Up to you and how you have set metadata in emby server. I have set emby to store metadata locally as well so i can switch back to just using kodi very easily if i wish as all the metadata is compatible

• Like 1