Scan single Libraries

f-u-t

Such options have been discussed.  However, since we only scan for changes your library scan should not be taking forever.  Do you have something external that is changing the dates on metadata or other files in your library?

I have a 15TB library and my last scan took 1m13s.

Ian-Highlander

God I wish mine did :lol:

Quick question to quantify that ebr, of your 15TB how many files is that actually scanning roughly. I say that because 15TB of movies for example is a hell of a lot less than 15TB of music and I'm pretty sure it's the music in mine that makes the scan take so long. Partly because some of it isn't recognised by Musicbrainz and it seems to pause for each one (which I'm slowly trying to work my way through), but I've never really got to the bottom of why otherwise.

I did have a few movies that weren't identified by the system and giving 404 errors in the log from tmdb but I added those manually and those are fine now.

Not something I've ever worried about too much and have always just lived with. But for example, the last automatic scan that ran a few hours ago with no additional new content took over 20 mins. My library in it's entirety is only just over 5TB in comparison.

565433d6c2f7d_Untitled.jpg

Edited by Ian-Highlander

You are correct in that TB is rather inconsequential. It would be the number of items that would be more relevant.

I do not have a large music library in Emby (only a few thousand songs).

MikePlanet

... the last automatic scan that ran a few hours ago with no additional new content took over 20 mins...

it also very much depends on the source - scans on local sources/drives are usually pretty fast - scans on remote storage/NAS are pretty slow. Having a large number of files on a nas might takes hours (!) to scan. IIRC, Plex added an option to exclude music from the automatic scans - maybe it is worth to do the same for Emby?

DrWatson
1.5-2k movies and over 15k episodes.

I have almost exactly the same size library but i have about 30k songs on top my scans were taking about 25 mins to a hour as well - i disabled the musicbrainz meta fetcher for music artists and music albums and my scans dropped to 3min 35 sec. Maybe you could try the same and see if that is the issue with your scan as well. 

• Like 1

Ian-Highlander

I have almost exactly the same size library but i have about 30k songs on top my scans were taking about 25 mins to a hour as well - i disabled the musicbrainz meta fetcher for music artists and music albums and my scans dropped to 3min 35 sec. Maybe you could try the same and see if that is the issue with your scan as well. 

I just did the same thing, disabled MusicBrainz on both music artists and albums and my scan time dropped to just under 2 mins. I actually scan and save all my music with MusicBrainz Picard before I put it into Emby, does it need to be queried to MusicBrainz again or is it querying for something else?

Hi all,

this is not the first request for a seperate scan of librarys. (or a option to exclude a library from scan)

But i thing the responsible persons are using small librarys.

For me it is terrible to scan the library.

e.g. My Computer run with a i7-4930k CPU, 16 GB Ram and SSD HD.

A scan of my librarys takes around 4 hours (prox. 50k files, 30TB)

Parallel to Emby running Plex on the same computer.

More or less , I update every day , for example, the TV shows.

Plex, there is a seperate scan possible, takes around 5-10 min.

Greeting

Taurec

P.S. I do not understand what is so difficult it incorporate this feature?

it's actually already in the metadata manager with the advanced refresh button. it's just not always easy to find.