Android TV App Issues

tclower

So I purchased a premium subscription and added the key to emby server, however when streaming video on the android tv app the video stops after 10 minutes like its still stuck in trial version. I have tried uninstall and reinstalling the app as well as restarting the server, but the issue remains.

Yeah this has nothing to do with the trial.  There is some other sort of problem happening.

In addition to the information above, can you tell us what the OSD says during playback.  Specifically, does it say "Direct/V" or "Trans/I" or what on the last gray block?

drakus72

So I purchased a premium subscription and added the key to emby server, however when streaming video on the android tv app the video stops after 10 minutes like its still stuck in trial version. I have tried uninstall and reinstalling the app as well as restarting the server, but the issue remains.

Sounds like your android tv or your server you have for emby. Definately not the app itself. 

Attached are the server logs and transcode logs. The reason I say trial version is because I recall emby playing the stream for 10 minutes then stopping the playback with a message about buying the app or something. Anyway I purchased emby premium and now the stream will play for 10 minutes then stop or restart, it does not show any message now just stops or restarts the stream always after 10 minutes. I am using it on Nexus Player with rooted stock Android 6.0.0 (MRA58N) image. 

Log.txt

Transcode.txt

otispresley

I was having issues with Live TV direct play on my Android TV (Sony) as well. My local media was always being transcoded. I never let Live TV play for 10 minutes as the video was choppy all the time and I couldn't stand it; all my local media played perfectly. I ended up disabling VLC player in the settings, forcing it to transcode all the time to get smooth playback on everything. Just disabling the option to play live tv direct isn't enough because then the recordings end up playing badly too. It is pretty bad in Kodi as well, so it may not be so much related to VLC as much as it is the TV. I'm not saying that this is the case with you, but it is something to test. I also had A/V sync issues in all my apps until an update got installed for the TV a few days ago.

I tried disabling the VLC Player setting but its still doing the same thing. OSD now shows "Direct\I" and it hasn't made a difference. Maybe its an issue with Android 6.0? I'm going to try flashing 5.1 and see if that helps.

If it is direct playing then there will be no transcode log.

This just sounds like potentially a problem with the file itself. Are you trying different files?

The reason I say trial version is because I recall emby playing the stream for 10 minutes then stopping the playback with a message about buying the app or something.  

Our app has never done that.  Playback is not time limited during the trial. "That other" application does do that though.

I installed VLC player on the Android TV and tried streaming from Embys DNLA service, got the same issue with multiple files. I think there is some kind of  a service running on my Windows 10 machine where I have emby installed, that is stopping playback of the streams, any ideas of what it could be on the server?