Live TV in EMC ?

Ian-Highlander

Ian-Highlander

We have a server in the loft running Emby and two client PC's running EMC in WMC. We use WMC exclusively on the downstairs PC for all our TV usage/recording etc. I was playing around with ServerWMC so we could access that live tv content and recordings on the upstairs PC and it works great in the Emby web interface, but that isn't remote control friendly and means switching out of WMC, getting a keyboard and mouse plugged in etc and isn't exactly user friendly from a distance while in bed  :lol:

I suspect I know the answer to this, as I suspect EMC is going to be phased out slowly once ET gets released (if there's any chance it's not then I'd be a happy man), but are there any plans to add Live TV support within EMC?

Whilst like everyone else I will be testing ET thoroughly when it becomes available, it's gonna have to be damn good to make me change from EMC mainly because it's what we're all used to using and the near perfect integration with WMC (Live TV support in EMC would make it the perfect product for us).

I won't say no outright but there are a lot of other items on the list that would take priority over this.

• Like 1

Ian-Highlander

I won't say no outright but there are a lot of other items on the list that would take priority over this.

Fair comment, count this as a vote "for" please :)

Second that... I sometimes surmise that you underestimate the numbers of people still rocking wmc.... But you probably have the right numbers...

• Like 1

We know there are a lot of you still out there.  The key will be how many are still there after the new Emby Theater is in the wild.

If the numbers are still significant, then we may come back around and devote more time to this platform again.

• Like 1

Great... Then my vote would be to abandon one project.. EMBY for WMC is good enough... Develop Theater with TV and let WMC die... But Theater has moved pretty slowly and that's what is truly going to be the opportunity as Windows 10 is force fed to the masses. Plus I would guess it's easier to port, if you will, theater to xbox One now that it's in line with Windows 10.... Thanks for your work.

Edit: I know it is silly to think I have a vote lol

Edited by Bert