Latest items doesn't populate for Music Videos

Ian-Highlander

Ian-Highlander

I don't think a reinstall will make a difference.  What happens if you toggle the recent option for that folder?

Wasn't aware there was a "toggle" for it beyond the option in the config file to change what is shown on that area. Am I being particularly daft and missing something somewhere?

Edited by Ian-Highlander

Ian-Highlander

Arrow up to the word "Added" and click.

You learn something every day, I did not know that existed, that was what I was talking about when I said changing in the config file in my last post. I did not know there was a toggle for it in the interface, nice.

However, unfortunately it has no effect, I've tried switching to all three options even logging out in the process each time.

Interestingly however, if I arrow up with "Latest" selected, a list appears on the right in place of my usual icon which says "Added Yesterday" and lists all the artists in my music video collection, so it obviously knows something about them, just isn't displaying the images. Not sure if that points us in any direction...

• 3 weeks later...
solidus28

I still seem to be having some sort of issue with this. Although I see images for Music Videos, I've added a dozen or so and only 2 have made it to the main screen under Latest. They are there if I browse into Music Videos, so not the end of the world, but wanted to bring it up.

• 3 weeks later...
solidus28

I think I may see a common theme between the two that showed up and the rest of the new videos I've added.  My Music videos are stored in the following format \\server\Multimedia\Music Videos\Artist Name\video.mkv.  The two I mentioned that showed up only have one video for that Artist.  The others that I've added contain multiple videos for those artists...they don't show in latest items.  I see in the metadata manager that the artist folders with a single video, it does not show a subdirectory with the individual music video, it just shows the video information on the artist director.  On the directories that have multiple videos, The videos are listed separately underneath the artist in the metadata manager.  Hope that all makes sense and helps point us in the right direction.

Ian-Highlander

Can confirm this is the case on mine too having just done a bit of testing. If there is a single folder with a single video file, nfo file and jpg file in it then it is displayed on the latest items view. If however that is in a subfolder or there are more than one in that folder then nothing displays at all.

For example:

The following works correctly:

--Music Videos

--Artistname

--Video.mp4

--Video.nfo

--Video-poster.jpg

The following examples however do NOT work at all:

--Music Videos

--Artistname

--Video.mp4

--Video.nfo

--Video-poster.jpg

--Video2.mp4

--Video.nfo

--Video2-poster.jpg

etc etc

--Music Videos

--Artistname

--Videoname

--Video.mp4

--Video.nfo

--Video-poster.jpg

etc etc

So it would appear that the system is not quite correct for music videos. If each video was in a seperate folder it would work from the looks of things but then there's no organisation by artist at all. Perhaps this is by design, but if so it's not an ideal scenario.

Any thoughts @@ebr ?

Edited by Ian-Highlander

Ian-Highlander

The ones in a folder all by themselves are probably resolving as movies on the server.

So is there anything that can be done to resolve it? Not hugely fussed as it doesn't affect how it all works, but it would look neater and calm my OCD down ;)

Ian-Highlander

Have you tried this with the latest dev version?

Will it be ok with the release version of the server this time? :)

Yes because the server was updated.  I made the EMC version a beta because it appears it needs to go out to resolve some other changes in the new release server.  Please let me know if it solves this too.

Ian-Highlander

Interesting, we're still running 292 at the moment with the latest release server and not noticed any issues at all so obviously not specific to anything we do or how we use it.

Will try the latest build later on when I have more time, thanks :)

Ian-Highlander

Have you tried this with the latest dev version?

No change with 3.0.296.0 still no latest items in music videos category.

Ian-Highlander

Okay, one more time, please try .297 (dev).

Hi @@ebr

Thanks, but that update doesn't seem to be available. I'm on .296 and set to dev for updates and it's telling me it's up to date.

Ian-Highlander

Still getting the same on the upstairs machine, so I thought I'd give it a go on the main one downstairs (that was running .292). Switched it to dev updates and it told me .294 was available and then downloaded .297 ???

Think your version numbers may have gone out of sync somewhere, the updater seems to think .294 is the latest and because my one upstairs is on 296 already it won't update further, but one that was on earlier than .294 updated to .297 fine.

Still nothing in latest on music videos on the one that did update though.   :(

@@ebr

Edited by Ian-Highlander

Ian-Highlander

Really appreciate the efforts going into this especially for such a "little" issue.

Both machines however now reporting fully up to date, one on .297 and one on .296 presumably because of what I posted above?

Only thing I can think of is a caching issue of some sort that is causing you to not see the new version.

Ian-Highlander

Only thing I can think of is a caching issue of some sort that is causing you to not see the new version.

On two different machines both on different versions? As mentioned the updater told me it was updating to .294 then it downloaded .297 and now both machines (one on .296 and one on .297) say they're fully up to date, that would seem to be a version mismatch from the update server surely? Both machines thinking .294 is the latest and both higher than that already.

I can try a clean install, see if that helps, but I'd be very surprised if it did given that it's on two seperate machines.

Edited by Ian-Highlander

Ian-Highlander

Ok, so I uninstalled the previous version, deleted any left over directories, rebooted the machine and re-installed the latest beta from the site (.292). I then set it to dev updates and it said there was an update to .294 and promptly downloaded .298 so there is an issue somewhere there at your end I think.

That said, it still hasn't fixed my issue, so I think we'll just have to call it a day on that, I really appreciate the efforts you've put into this, but I'm just going to have to live with no latest items in music videos I think as I'm not happy to split them into individual folders for each video.

Thanks for trying though, massively appreciated  :)

Edited by Ian-Highlander