Some movies are "playing" with a solid pink screen only

hifiaudio2

hifiaudio2

This just started happening, as far as I know, last night on my Nvidia Shield running Kodi 15.2 and Emby for Kodi beta repo with auto updates turned on.  Latest Emby server from yesterday's update.  I have not done enough troubleshooting yet to figure out if there is anything common with the movies that show this error,  but some play just fine, while others start with  just a pink screen, but audio plays.  I can fast forward, etc and the movie obviously keeps "playing"  since the audio is exactly where it should be if I skip along through the movie, but the solid pink screen is all that shows.   I am assuming this is a Kodi issue and not Emby,  but thought I would post here.   I cant get the logs right now, but will try tonight or today if they help.  For now I am just wondering if this is behavior that has already been seen or reported.

All of my movies are in the same parent folder.  

The same movies (in this case Happy Gilmore was one of them, I think Pirates of the Caribbean was another) play just fine in the Android TV Emby app or in the web interface.  

• 2 weeks later...
hifiaudio2

OK I did a full DB resync and am still getting this issue. I haven't checked the codecs of the affected movies. Maybe they are all vc1 or something...

hifiaudio2

OK I did a full DB resync and am still getting this issue. I haven't checked the codecs of the affected movies. Maybe they are all vc1 or something...

Edit.. Apparently a known issue with vc1

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue with some games etc playing with a pink screen.  Found that I had my video driver settings on Full RGB.  Maybe check the setting in Kodi for using 16-235 RGB?

hifiaudio2

Well this is only on a few movies out of hundreds, so I dont think that is the issue.  I think its an issue with VC-1 encoded movies.