icon problem on ehs

Osmosis

i am not certain this post is in the correct place but since i am completely stumped as to the cause of my problem it makes it rather hard to choose the correct place. anywho, just recently emby (running chocolate) has stopped using the icon i have always had for TV series and instead us using a small picture of the icon for 4 shows in my tv library (in no real discernible

order at that) i have checked via the metadata manager and the library tab in the server and that shows the correct icon. also have gone through the settings wondering if something has been changed in emby itself with no luck. am i missing something? perhaps a new setting in the config or some such? been looking for the past couple of days with no luck. only thing that worked was creating a new tv library with the correct folder icon and for some reason that corrected both. i deleted the new library and after a couple of days the old tv series library icon changed back to the library snapshot again.

Edited by Osmosis

thanks, but reading that thread carefully (then re-reading it because i found the thing very confusing) i don't believe that is exactly the problem i was having. not to worry too much tho. i have spent a couple of days going through settings in both emby and the web client and after pretty much trying each one and then restarting emby and i seem to have all my icons back. only problem now is i have an unwanted collections tab in the ehs but am to scared to try and bet rid of it in case my icons go all weird again (did i mention that although i was trying all the settings to get my icons to display again i am totally unaware which one did the trick?)

Edited by Osmosis

image (ie folder icons) are all fine now, they were always shown correctly in the web interface. they used to be snapshots of 4 random movies or shows in whatever library i would highlight on the EHS tho. not sure what setting caused this but they are all back to being the folder.pngs i knew and loved. only problem now is this collections tab that has appeared in the EHS. don't wanna risk screwing things up by trying to track down where that came from.

that option doesn't seem to be available in the dev build... perhaps it was moved? under top level views the only option available is enable EHS

turned off legacy browsing and that did add the extra options to top level view (collections was not checked but folder was) sadly this also made most of my EHS library icons change back into snapshots. so legacy is back on and collections tab is there again. prefer my working icons over getting rid of that collections tab.

All you have to do is go supply the proper images using the Library setup in the dashboard and you can have your images in the normal mode.

that was one of the things i didn't really understand. the icons in the library setup were already all the correct ones. but emby was displaying snapshots of groups of 4 random movies/tv shows in each library instead of the proper icon. i did as you said and turned off legacy again and some (not all) libraries went back to snapshots with the library setup still showing the correct icons. i then loaded the correct icons again and restarted and this seems to have fixed it. no collections tab and nice icons once again. an even better result than i had started to hope for. many thanks

Edited by Osmosis

Ian-Highlander

Some of the icons are per user, some aren't. If, like me, you use a different user to login to your EMC systems than you do to your main server, then try logging into the web interface as the user you login to EMC as and check/update all the images in that.

I've got in the habit now of logging into the web interface as every user and updating all the images on all users accounts to my custom ones before letting the kids loose on it again  :lol:

Edited by Ian-Highlander

ok, so no collection tab (that's good) all icons appear to be the ones i set (also great) but (you knew there was going to be a "but" somewhere, didn't you?) now when i enter a library (IE ripped DVD's) instead of the folders i have the dvds sorted into like ACTION, FANTASY, HORROR etc etc i get all dvds listed together. i have been once again looking through the settings (and depressing myself for being unable to once again find what is no doubt an obvious fix) without much luck in finding a correction for this

AdrianW

You need to go to display settings (click your user icon at the top right of the WebUI and choose preferences).

Under the section "My Views" (it says "Automatically group content from the following folders into views such as Movies, Music and TV) - you need to uncheck all the folders that you do not want grouping together.

just looked. none of them are checked. i think you might be misunderstanding my problem, (rereading my previous post i think i see where i went wrong in my explanation) i have multiple libraries like dvd rips, dl movies etc etc. these are not combined together which is what i suspect your answer would correct. my problem is in each separate library i have the various movies separated in folders by genre with their own icons like horror, sci fi etc etc. before when i entered the dl movie library all the separate genre were shown and i could just go straight to horror or musicals or what have you. now if i enter a movie library all the movies are displayed together as if they are all just dumped into a single folder. makes scrolling through them all something of a pain to find the movie i am looking for. the only fix i have come across so far is enabling legacy browsing but this adds a collection tab which i don't really want or use to the EHS i am sure there is a setting somewhere that will take care of my problem without causing another problem but i had emby configured to my liking quite some time ago and haven't really looked at the settings (and there are oh so many settings if you consider the client and the server) for so many updates that i am rather lost.

AdrianW

I'm pretty sure this will work - you need to change your library type from "Movies" to "Unset (mixed content)", but changing the type actually requires removing the library and then re-adding it, so when you re-add it jsut make sure you select "Unset" as the type. After you've added it, also make sure you've unchecked it under Settings > Home Screen Settings > My Views.

I have a very similar set up - I have a library called "Movie Archive" with type as "Unset" - and then inside that folder I have multiple folders "Animation", "General", "Classics", etc - in each of those folders I have a folder.png.

We should be able to make this work how you want without having to change the media type.

However, I think it is going to require an update to both the server and EMC.

many thanks and it looks like the recent updates did the trick. everything on the EHS is working perfectly again (as far as i can tell, it actually took me a while to notice the problem with entering library folders last time). so every bodies favorite process of water filtration through a semi permeable membrane is happy and content again. no problems whatsoever, though i do have a totally unrelated question i am a bit curious about. today i dropped 2 episodes into my library. 1 for the series ash vs the evil dead, and 1 for Jekyll and Hyde. both episodes went into their respective season one folders. the thing im curious about is why does one series use the series icon on the EHS and the other use the season icon? this isn't any sort of request for a fix of any sort. it just caught my attention and i thought it a bit odd and figured i would ask while thanking everyone for the suggestions and help with the previous problem.

yup, i have a season icon for every series, occasionally it's the same as the series icon only with a different color border tho i do try and find different ones for each season (series are all red bordered and seasons are all blue.) oddly enough i added another episode to the series that was showing the season icon and now it is displaying the series icon instead. hows that for random? like i said, i don't find this a problem or anything, just a curiosity.

I doubt it is random.  More likely something like series with multiple new episodes show the series poster while a single episode will show the season one...

fraid that can't be it, when i added the episodes originally there was only one for each. the season icon changed into the series icon only hours later when i got the next missing episode for the series that was showing season instead of icon and i added that. i am nor against the idea of using season icons instead of series on the ehs when you add an episode, for multi season series this might even be better if you are like to have different icons for each season of a series. sort of gives a bit more variety to the ehs when you add missing episodes.