External player path - Sorted

dredd1963

dredd1963

Hi

After Looking for  how to set up the external player path in the forum but  after trying  the examples that have posted, these solutions didnt work for me. so i turned to google and searched for program paths. i found this methord which worked for me:

To find your external player path:

eg mpc-hc64

While holding down shift right click your mouse,

click on the exe file and copy as path, and then paste into external player program path.

This worked for Me and should work for other players.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Vegemeister

Is this "path" missing the reason I now get Multichannel PCM instead of DTS via WASAPI when in the previous versions I was able to choose my receiver and indeed get the DTS sound via WASAPI.

​WIth the new version of theater that is now lost so I have downloaded the old theater for now and am using that until I can figure that this has been restored.

Getting the Multichannel only via PCM is a dealbreaker - I'd have to revert back to the other player I own choosing my movies via folder rather than this pretty emby theater if I wanted to keep an updated player as they are updating their regularly too but it is just player.

​I did pay for the Emby product and have been happy up until this happened.  I don't mind the old player but knowing it will never be upgraded and the new one doesn't work for me kind of upsets me as I paid for lifetime and now I get lifetime server support only.

Is this "path" missing the reason I now get Multichannel PCM instead of DTS via WASAPI when in the previous versions I was able to choose my receiver and indeed get the DTS sound via WASAPI.

​WIth the new version of theater that is now lost so I have downloaded the old theater for now and am using that until I can figure that this has been restored.

Getting the Multichannel only via PCM is a dealbreaker - I'd have to revert back to the other player I own choosing my movies via folder rather than this pretty emby theater if I wanted to keep an updated player as they are updating their regularly too but it is just player.

​I did pay for the Emby product and have been happy up until this happened.  I don't mind the old player but knowing it will never be upgraded and the new one doesn't work for me kind of upsets me as I paid for lifetime and now I get lifetime server support only.

The new version will have external player support, it's in the pipeline. That's what this topic is about. If you're having a problem with the internal player then please open a topic about it and we can take a look. Thanks.