!Error. There was an error processing the request

myhtpc
Go to solution Solved by babgvant,

Relatively “long time user, first time caller”

Emby Server 3.0.5781.0 installed on a Windows 8.1 HTPC alongside Emby Theater 3.0.5744.24672.

I am getting "!Error. There was an error processing the request" when I attempt to play a video file on my Emby Theater, but if I launch the Emby Web Client on the same PC as the same user, everything works as expected.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Theater and also installing Theater under a new user user profile on the same PC with no success.  Other Theater installations on different PCs are running fine.

When the error occurs, i can see the below message in the Theatre log file

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

I have seen some posts on this forum with the same error, but am unable to find a fix. 

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

theater-63582897651.txt

I was really hoping someone from Emby would respond to this.

Seems silly to PAY for Emby Premiere when I cant even get my main HTPC working.  

A great idea would to get more people to support them would be to include some sort of support in the Emby Premiere fee.

Glad I only paid for it on a monthly basis :)

Apologies. We are working extremely hard on a new version of the app, which you can learn about here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-249-coming-soon-the-new-emby-theater/

I will ask our video player expert to take a look at this. In the meantime, try making sure your video drivers are up to date, and make sure your windows sound settings are configured properly for your speaker setup.

• Like 1

• Solution
babgvant

Relatively “long time user, first time caller”

Emby Server 3.0.5781.0 installed on a Windows 8.1 HTPC alongside Emby Theater 3.0.5744.24672.

I am getting "!Error. There was an error processing the request" when I attempt to play a video file on my Emby Theater, but if I launch the Emby Web Client on the same PC as the same user, everything works as expected.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Theater and also installing Theater under a new user user profile on the same PC with no success.  Other Theater installations on different PCs are running fine.

When the error occurs, i can see the below message in the Theatre log file

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

I have seen some posts on this forum with the same error, but am unable to find a fix. 

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256 is the EVR, a core component of Windows. Do you have any CODEC packs installed that might have FUBAR'd DirectShow on your PC?

ET includes madVR (an alternative video renderer). It would be worth a shot to see if that works.

• Like 1

FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256 is the EVR, a core component of Windows. Do you have any CODEC packs installed that might have FUBAR'd DirectShow on your PC?

ET includes madVR (an alternative video renderer). It would be worth a shot to see if that works.

As always, thanks :)

Thank you for the suggestion babgvant.

I can confirm that there are no additional CODEC packs installed.  It is just a Windows 8.1 install with ESET AV, Emby Server and Emby Theater.

That said. setting Theater to use madVR fixed the issue.

Problem solved.  Thanks again.

babgvant

I'm glad that sorted the problem, but it is quite troubling that the EVR isn't registered on your system. Is it the standard version of 8.1 or could it be "N"?

Ahhhhhh... It is Windows N!

Not the best media to use to install a HTPC.

Is the codec usually installed (or not as in this case) with Windows Media Player?

Thanks again and hopefully this thread is useful to any others having a similar issue.

Latchmor

Is the codec usually installed (or not as in this case) with Windows Media Player?

Thanks again and hopefully this thread is useful to any others having a similar issue.

Hi, i looks like you can install a Media Feature Pack to make N versions the same as the normal version http://blog.bitcollectors.com/adam/2013/03/windows-vista-and-7-n-k-kn-special-editions/

babgvant

That explains that :). I knew that "N" didn't include WMP, but I wasn't aware that it was missing the basic building blocks as well.

• Like 1