TV Gridview

wsramahi

wsramahi

Live TV in emby for android tv shows tv channel inline, im having a hard time navigating with my 800 channels, i tried to look for something that can change the view to a list or gridview of the channels that i have with no luck.

Is there is a feature like this i dont know about? Or it must be implemented? Please help

I can look at utilizing the grid view for the straight channel mode.

In the meantime, if you use the guide, your most recently viewed channels will be listed first.

• 3 weeks later...
wsramahi
I can look at utilizing the grid view for the straight channel mode.

Sorry for the late response, i mean if there is a more advanced way to customize the view with many options like to make the list looks exactly like the movies list or like you said, a straight view,

That would realy a must needed per user profile.

I hope you have a plan for such option.

I think the vast majority of people access their channels via the guide.  Is there a specific reason you aren't using that approach?

Spaceboy

Live TV in emby for android tv shows tv channel inline, im having a hard time navigating with my 800 channels, i tried to look for something that can change the view to a list or gridview of the channels that i have with no luck.

Is there is a feature like this i dont know about? Or it must be implemented? Please help

Personally I'd say 800 is too many and you'd be better off "hiding" some of the channels you are never going to watch from emby. I get 950 odd channels but I only add 180 by using my dvblink backend. I lose all the rubbish and all the time shifted channels.

Personally I'd say 800 is too many and you'd be better off "hiding" some of the channels you are never going to watch from emby. I get 950 odd channels but I only add 180 by using my dvblink backend. I lose all the rubbish and all the time shifted channels.

That's also a good idea unless you really do watch all 800 of those...

MrWebsmith

same... i filtered/disabled the tuner-side down to only 130 hd/"real" channels that id ever watch.. bonus is that it helps in reducing the load on the apps to list the channels and keeps the guide task shorter as well...

wsramahi

That's also a good idea unless you really do watch all 800 of those...

Well, i have 246 and they are needed, the issue is when you are using fire tv the tv guide only shows the channel with epg and none epg channels u have to search for them using the remote and you have to cycle all the channels until you find the desired one, also from a design prospective, a user find it much more easier to see as much info as he can so the search will be minimized!

i think adding the customization of the channel listing gives more freedom to users in the way they love to interact with the channel list, don't you think?

I'm still going to look at this but probably 99% of users interact with their channel list via the guide. That's why that is where the attention has been thus far.

wsramahi

I'm still going to look at this but probably 99% of users interact with their channel list via the guide. That's why that is where the attention has been thus far.

I hope you guys will conceder it, we realy do appreciate your perfect support and response.

• 2 weeks later...
wsramahi

Any future plans on this, its realy becoming annoying specially when the EPG have missing broadcasted info.

Also i noticed playing movies is not showing subtitles automatically as the option per user profile to always load subtitle is set.