Emby App Unusable on Android Phone

Sam865

I have purchased the Android App for Emby and installed it on my Samsung Galaxy S5. It does work, but within a day of installing, I start to get warnings about low memory. I have a 64 GB  micro SD card on the phone, but the app insists on placing all its program and cache data in the built-in storage area, which is "only" 16 GB.. After a day or so of very light usage, I start to see low memory warning. The Emby app is the culprit. It is using over half of the built-in storage memory. Clearing the cache and restarting the app does not fix the problem. I've also tried disabling the app and clearing the cache.The low memory problem reappears shortly after I restart the App, even if I've not viewed streaming content.. Is there some setting that I need to change on the Emby server? It appears that the server may be syncing content that I have no intention of watching on the phone. I have uninstalled the App until this problem can be fixed.Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds like maybe you set it up to sync content to the device.  What shows in the Sync settings in the dashboard?

if the server is syncing content then delete the sync jobs, either from the phone or the server's web interface

• 3 weeks later...
utmusicman

I have purchased the Android App for Emby and installed it on my Samsung Galaxy S5. It does work, but within a day of installing, I start to get warnings about low memory. I have a 64 GB  micro SD card on the phone, but the app insists on placing all its program and cache data in the built-in storage area, which is "only" 16 GB.. After a day or so of very light usage, I start to see low memory warning. The Emby app is the culprit. It is using over half of the built-in storage memory. Clearing the cache and restarting the app does not fix the problem. I've also tried disabling the app and clearing the cache.The low memory problem reappears shortly after I restart the App, even if I've not viewed streaming content.. Is there some setting that I need to change on the Emby server? It appears that the server may be syncing content that I have no intention of watching on the phone. I have uninstalled the App until this problem can be fixed.Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am having the same issues. I have had the Android App for about 3 days and both my tablet and android phone are getting the same notifications and they go away when the app is uninstalled. I am not sure if there is a memory leak with this app or what is happening but it makes my devices almost unusable. There does not appear to be any content syncing to the device that I can see. Any resolution to this yet? Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1