Back button malfunctions on Chrome/Safari on iOS

LqHnyBear

LqHnyBear

When trying to hit the back button in Chrome or Safari on my iPad or iPhone emby will go back to my starting page, google.com, not the previous page I was on in emby.

Emby Version 3.0.5768.7

Edited by LqHnyBear

sorry but i don't see this. maybe you are hitting it twice? all we are doing issuing a browser back command when you hit that button.

LqHnyBear

Nope not hitting it twice and even if I'm several pages deep, it always goes back to my start page, which is www.google.com. Happens with bow chrome and safari on iOS devices, tried it on 2 iphone 6 Plus, 1 iPhone 4s and an iPad mini 2. I get the same results with both browsers on all of them.

Well I can't reproduce this. You could always pin the app to your home screen via bookmark and then you won't be able to do that I don't think

LqHnyBear

Is there a way to pin it with chrome? I don't like using safari as it never loads all the images and it even tends to load the wrong images for my tv shows etc.

Also just a thought but are we on the same os? I'm trying this on both iOS 9.1 and iOS 9.2 beta 1.

• 2 weeks later...
LqHnyBear

I still don't know what's causing it but I found that from my iOS devices if I request the desktop version of the site, the back button works fine. It's only when viewing the mobile version that the back button kicks me all the way back to my browsers homepage.

nwootton

I have the same issue - Chrome on my iPad running latest versions of iOS & Chrome. No matter what page I am on, using the back button/arrow always sends me to the default page for the browser - in my case my bookmarks page.

This happens in my collections, specific media folders, managing the server itself and while using the media manager. Emby is running in a Docker container in unRAID, but is up to date as far as I know. This has only started happening recently - probably end of October. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...